How Many Replacement D3s?

Reaction score
How many replacement D3s do you have to go through before they consider replacing with a new phone? I just got a 3rd replacement that arrived with the hard keyboard space bar unresponsive (same reason I returned the 2nd) as well as the slider screen wobbling between the shut and fully open point while with an odd/loose feeling while sliding it (and the store rep tried to tell me that was normal.. I had the 2nd phone in hand and demonstrated how it wasn't.) In short, the 3rd replacement was worse the the 2nd. 4th one is on the way.

Is there a better way to go about it such as calling instead of going to the store? Getting an endless chain of refurbished phones isn't acceptable.

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I normally go in all the time.

However, I've found the best way is to get the device and see if it works. Push all the buttons, slide open and closed etc. If it doesn't work just send the same one back and request another. I think its generally 3 or 4, but its normally another device. They aren't offering new D3's anymore.

Sent from the best 3G phone on Verizon.

spasch

Reaction score
I am in for 6 clnr's and they just keep coming.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk

NoBloatware

Reaction score
I'm on my 5th, I think. It might be 6th. I don't have an answer for the OP but just wanted to say stick with it because when you do get a phone that actually works...the Droid 3 is a great thing.

The problems I've experienced have included spacebar insensitivity/sensitivity, WIFI burned out, dead pixels out of box, screen not touch sensitive out of box.

Kimo91

Reaction score
After countless replacements for my daughter's D2G, they're finally sending her a Droid 3....but to answer the original question, usually between 4-6 replacements but you gotta ask to swap to another device like I had to do tonight.

Sent from my rooted and Safe Strapped Motor DROID RAZR