How many people have had to get another Bionic?

dlo-htown

Reaction score
On my 2nd Bionic... first one would lose all data connectivity except wifi for hours. Was able to demo that to the local Verizon store manager, who replaced it on the spot with a brand new in box Bionic. He let me keep the charger and USB cord for my troubles.

I just hope this new Bionic doesn't have the same problem... or any of the others I'm now reading about...

I think a lot of folks really have lowered expectations if these problems are just "minor annoyances" to them... I really expected this thing to be rock solid for the kind of money we had to throw at it. I'm pretty disappointed in this Bionic.

BuckyN8

Reaction score
Got mine a week after it came out adn the only problem I have is that the data sometimes goes out and I have to reboot for it to come back on.

dlo-htown

Reaction score
How many companies have released phones that didn't have problems?

That dog don't hunt from the get-go.

My original Droid didn't have the kinds of problems that the Bionic is experiencing... it was slow as molasses compared with the Bionic, but I never lost a data connection, I didn't have buzzing and clicking in my earphones, the screen looked fantastic even if it was tiny...

So just because other companies are making clunker phones will all kinds of problems, I'm supposed to be satisfied if Motorola - supposedly the king of quality phones - puts out a phone that leaves a lot to be desired? Really?

Nope, it don't hunt.

OP
Arkbird

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score

My original Droid didn't have the kinds of problems that the Bionic is experiencing... it was slow as molasses compared with the Bionic, but I never lost a data connection, I didn't have buzzing and clicking in my earphones, the screen looked fantastic even if it was tiny...

So just because other companies are making clunker phones will all kinds of problems, I'm supposed to be satisfied if Motorola - supposedly the king of quality phones - puts out a phone that leaves a lot to be desired? Really?
Nope, it don't hunt.
The OG Droid also didn't have an LTE radio to switch between. It's probably a lot harder for the software and hardware to work together when you have two different cell phone technologies in one phone.

Human_Droid

Reaction score

Nope, it don't hunt.

was it really worth it to post this? lol, ok

rwking

Reaction score
The OG Droid also didn't have an LTE radio to switch between. It's probably a lot harder for the software and hardware to work together when you have two different cell phone technologies in one phone.

This isn't a very good explanation in my opinion. If they put the two technologies together, it's their responsibility to ensure they work seamlessly. Otherwise, why did we all pay $250 - $300 for the phone? ;)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Has everyone with problems tried battery pulls and or factory resets?

Im on #2 .. took to vzw last night because of the disapearing apps. Tried a factory system reset, said "Unmounting internal data" for an hour before they gave me a new one. And to the person who got theirs at costco and said that vzw would send a refurbed one, seems unlikely they would have many refurbed ones 10 days after launch...

dlo-htown

Reaction score

Nope.

There's nothing special or different between sync'ing to and processing a radio signal, no matter the frequency, for the first time when a phone starts up and acquires it, and when it has to switch from one band to another... it still has to sync to the radio signal. That's already engineered into the hardware.

If it is able to do it every startup, it should be able to do it every time it has to switch... unless that's a problem too, not acquiring the data signal at startup, but I've not heard anyone reporting that problem.

There's no magic going on there.

OP
Arkbird

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
There are obviously problems when it comes to losing data and switching between 3g and 4g. I don't see how you can deny that. Plus nothing is perfect so you either take it back and exchange it our deal with it.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
Nope.

There's nothing special or different between sync'ing to and processing a radio signal, no matter the frequency, for the first time when a phone starts up and acquires it, and when it has to switch from one band to another... it still has to sync to the radio signal. That's already engineered into the hardware.

If it is able to do it every startup, it should be able to do it every time it has to switch... unless that's a problem too, not acquiring the data signal at startup, but I've not heard anyone reporting that problem.

There's no magic going on there.

Sources please.

Smeech

Reaction score

Nope, it don't hunt.

I agree, the OGD didn't have many issues at release, EXCEPT;

Many OG Droids suffered a defective (weak solder) headset jack...if you twisted or moved the jack at all you would hear static. Mine did, but I never switched it out.