dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
not true at all.

however i did read on something called, battery memory, and if this is the first charge it is best to leave it plugged in til fully charged.

HOWEVER (again, lol), when the phone is on and the green light comes on, it may not be fully charged. You could "bump charge" meaning turn the device off and plug it in and it will continue to charge.

Either way you probably won't notice a difference, and as i hate to say the battery life on the incredible is pretty bad. I even have a spare battery in case

OP
SEMPERFIDELUS8403

SEMPERFIDELUS8403

Reaction score
This is the first charge... have not even turned it on yet.... Do not want to take the chance of messing up the "battary memory" w/e the #%#@ that means...

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
This is the first charge... have not even turned it on yet.... Do not want to take the chance of messing up the "battary memory" w/e the #%#@ that means...

There was a thread on battery memory or whatever awhile back, can't find it now.

You're not going to hurt the phone or the battery in any way if you decide to turn it on while charging or unplugging it.

Hope you enjoy your phone when you finally do get to use it!

OP
SEMPERFIDELUS8403

SEMPERFIDELUS8403

Reaction score
Thx... "WHEN" is the prob lol My patience is running lower than the battery... What is this "battery memory"? And how will it be affected if I unplug from the comp and plug into the wall?

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Thx... "WHEN" is the prob lol My patience is running lower than the battery... What is this "battery memory"? And how will it be affected if I unplug from the comp and plug into the wall?

battery memory, if i'm right... is how the battery knows when it's at full capacity. As the battery gets older the max capacity diminishes. Some say the first charge is the most important, however, i also read this doesn't apply to newer batteries anymore...

Since you're charging via USB and depending on battery life, it all varies. When I got my Incredible I fired it up at about 30% battery life to activate it, and left it plugged in overnight via outlet. I then turned it off in the morning while plugged in to bump charge it and waited for the green light.

USB will always take longer than an outlet charge, how much longer exactly? I don't know to be honest, i just know it is much longer. As for unplugging at plugging it in to the wall, it won't be bad at all. IF you want quicker charge, then unplug it and put it into an outlet.

OP
SEMPERFIDELUS8403

SEMPERFIDELUS8403

Reaction score
ITS GREEN!!!! After I finish my sandwhich Ima fire it up and activate it. Tommorow I will let the battery die then recharge it overnight

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
ITS GREEN!!!! After I finish my sandwhich Ima fire it up and activate it. Tommorow I will let the battery die then recharge it overnight

Never let a battery completely drain, that i know is bad for the battery. Also Droids have been known to have some trouble when the battery is completely drained. They tend to not turn back on after if you haven't charged it for an hour after a complete drain.

Your battery is set and good to go. If you're concerned about battery life find an app called JuiceDefender. I've been running it for a week and it seems to help, especially on the Incredible which is known for horrible battery.

OP
SEMPERFIDELUS8403

SEMPERFIDELUS8403

Reaction score
Then I will just let it get low then shut it off and let it charge overnight. Its activated now, so I am going to attempt to set it up... Charge took less than 3 hours with my comp... not too bad I reckon.

billyidle

Reaction score
There is no memory in your battery. Charge it whenever you want, no need to let it drain completely (your phone will shut off before 0% anyway, so you can't drain completely). You can't screw your battery up by charging/using it.

Iowa

Reaction score
Ya lol battery memory is not true....however you have an incredible so make sure you have an extra charger....oh and a car charger.....and a few extra batteries.......welcome to the world of AWFUL battery life. The phone on the other hand is great :)!

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Never let a battery completely drain, that i know is bad for the battery.
Never let Li ion batteries fully drain. NiCads need to be fully drained before recharging.

Charge took less than 3 hours with my comp... not too bad I reckon.
It will be significantly faster on a wall charger (assuming the wall charger provides enough mA but that won't be an issue with the stock charger).

Ya lol battery memory is not true.
Battery memory is an issue -- just not with Li ion batteries. NiCads suffer from battery memory but they're not relevant.

Last edited:

Iowa

Reaction score
Never let a battery completely drain, that i know is bad for the battery.
Never let Li ion batteries fully drain. NiCads need to be fully drained before recharging.

Charge took less than 3 hours with my comp... not too bad I reckon.
It will be significantly faster on a wall charger (assuming the wall charger provides enough mA but that won't be an issue with the stock charger).

Ya lol battery memory is not true.
Battery memory is an issue -- just not with Li ion batteries. NiCads suffer from battery memory but they're not relevant.

Right so unless he has a NiCads battery in his incredible my statement is true....