How long are text messages saved

meducator

Reaction score
I had a lengthy thread of text messages from one contact and just noticed most of it is gone now. Does the droid x automatically delete texts after a certain time period or does someone have to do it manually? Can it be done through the verizon website?

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
if you go into the settings within the messaging app you can see the text message limit and change it if you want.

default its set to 200 messages per conversation.

Reaction score
What the guy above me said .

But you can also "lock" messages, not entire convos at once but any message locked won't be automatically deleted

Tillyswilly

Reaction score
Yea mine are just saved to 100 I found that if mine was at 200 it made my phone a little slow when all of them filled up bc I talk to quit a few people threw the day but it's up to you and what works the best

OP
M

meducator

Reaction score
Thanks- that was the problem. I looked and didn't see how to lock individual messages.

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Thanks- that was the problem. I looked and didn't see how to lock individual messages.

its kind of a pain in the butt ..... you have to lock each message individually. To do this press and hold on the message you want to lock then a menu will come up then the 1st option will be to lock the message.

Nerelda

Reaction score
Wow! What great information! I didn't even know you could lock messages on the droid or set the limit per conversation! <3