How is everyone complaining about battery life?

Status
Not open for further replies.

justinc101011

Reaction score
I just dont see what the fuss is. Heres my stats for the day:
Time since unplugged 14h36m
Time with screen on (auto brightness) 3h6m
Time without signal 42%

I mean I know the screen wasnt on too long but thats because I worked a 8-hour shift at my work with 0 signal (hence the 42% without signal) The first day with my tbolt and the screen was on over 4 hours without dying. (no work that day :icon_ banana: ) Note I get 0 4g in the boonies where I live. lol

Good for you? Obviously you're the exception. Congratulations.

I'm almost at 7 hours and 40%. The drop off from 100-80% is so fast you think you'll have 3 hours of battery life but then it pans out. I've taken 4 videos, uploaded them to youtube, surfed, downloaded, called, etc... Trying to wear this thing out.

I'm not trying to brag, I'm just saying isn't this about what everyone else is getting?

Unless you left 100 friend syncs, stocks, and other sense things running.

Could the fast fall off be the new battery learning? Anyone been through a few charge cycles yet and notices it getting any better?

HTC Thunderbolt Review - Battery, Pricing, Value, & Verdict

They are legitimately complaining because the battery life is only 1/2 of the Droid X. That would be a disappointing upgrade choice if you were used to the Droid X battery life.

All my friends with the X don't have great battery at all. Def not 7h screen on time. Might just be a fluke tho. I can't say since I havent owned one. But ill check my friends battery inbetween classes in the morning and it was usually at 60% after really not doing anything.

The battery sucks.
I don't have 4g coverage and still my battery doesn't last half as long as my D1 and it only lasts about a third of the time my iPhone 4.
Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App

I've been unplugged for eight hours and I'm at like 60%. Note I'm also in LTE range via the greater area of philadelphia. This phone is a dream just like I thought it would be.

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt using DroidForums App.

I've been unplugged for eight hours and I'm at like 60%. Note I'm also in LTE range via the greater area of philadelphia. This phone is a dream just like I thought it would be.

I agree. Also I was parAnoid from the beginning after all this stuff about the battery so I baught the extended battery and I've been using this thing nonstop since it fully charged yesterday and am just now at 30%. I haven't even tried the stock battery yet.

I agree. Also I was parAnoid from the beginning after all this stuff about the battery so I baught the extended battery and I've been using this thing nonstop since it fully charged yesterday and am just now at 30%. I haven't even tried the stock battery yet.

Maybe because it has a solid 4G connection(full bars) it doesn't need to fight for a connection? Not sure. How much does the 1600mah cost again?

What are you guys with the extended battery using for a case?

I only get 3g in my area and I'm going on 11 hrs up time and I'm at 30% . My display time is close to 3 hrs I made about 30 text , about 10 mins for phone call ,2 hrs of Pandora half threw ear phone the other half threw my Bluetooth wireless speaker, surf the net for a hour downloaded a couple apps . To me that's not to bad . I do agree with other from 100% - 80% it does go by quick but from then on it seems pretty good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back