How hot is too hot?

tc1

Reaction score
Phone gets very hot when streaming netflix over 4g.

Watched a show that was about 22 min lond and battery temp was 133 degrees. This is with the extended battery and no case.

I hope this doesn't become a problem because what's the point of having a phone that may become damaged from simply streaming over 4g?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
Phone gets very hot when streaming netflix over 4g.

Watched a show that was about 22 min lond and battery temp was 133 degrees. This is with the extended battery and no case.

I hope this doesn't become a problem because what's the point of having a phone that may become damaged from simply streaming over 4g?

That's one that I'd exchange. I've streamed video for my daughter on 4G and wifi and never got above 110(which is super hot for my phone). Take a look at your idle temp and if you're significantly higher with any screen on duration then you should probably swap it. Remember depending on the grade of solder used in the phone 140 degrees could start loosening internal components. Extended exposure to high temps could also damage your screen, memory card, and/or battery.

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ya most devices I've used shut off at about 125°f. Most processors Max out at 160°f. Idle temps should be about 75°f. Also lower screen brightness which can raise temps drastically.

tc1

Reaction score
Battery widget..by elvision.

Forgot to include that this was while plugged in to my car charger.

Last edited:

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score

tc1

Reaction score
Are you talking about the bottom 4 buttoms? They are now pink?

Sent from my Kindle Fire using DroidForums

RezoundHound

Reaction score
Direct from HTC Customer Service, battery temp on the RZ should never exceed 50 degrees Celsius (122 degrees Fahrenheit).

RH

JeffDenver

Reaction score
From what I've heard the Rezound doesn't have a safety cut off for temp. Some people reported temps of > 140°f.
I can confirm this is false. One time my phone shut off overnight while charging because the temp got so high. It does this sometimes if charging and I get a text or something I think...it starts heating up for some reason. This has ONLY happened when the included cable is used to plug it into an outlet...I have never seen it happen with other MicroUSB cables or if it is charging via USB on a computer.

I dont know exactly how high it got, but there is definitely a limit somewhere.