How have you evolved as an android fan

I've been around a long time. Because: old. Hell, I had the very first connected device at one time:
950-1.jpg

Yep...the old 857. I was a beta tester for them at my old mega company. Then I got a 957. Then I left that place and came to my current job where I got a Windows Mobile phone. The Moto Q. Loved those devices. I was supporting my co-workers on Treos with Windows and Palm OS. Co-worker got a Samsung and I was blown away because that was the first phone that actually worked "well" to remote desktop into a computer. But when MS announced Winmobile 7 and said 6.1 was EOL.... that left a bad taste in my mouth. And then a GOOD Winmoby 7 device was not released... cue the beginning of the end of MS mobile...
Enter Android. I got that OG Droid and I've never looked back.

As for evolving? I'd say I've evolved a lot having lived with Palm, Windows, Android.... but never Apple.
As anyone who knows me here I always say and truly feel: I love all tech. I don't hate Apple (many think in RL I do because I do point out shortcomings alot, but it's all in fun) and it is a good fit for many people. I still root for Microsoft. How can I not? I support Microsoft products at my job. I want them to succeed. But they just keep failing in mobile. Sometimes I think I would love to dive all in with Windows and have my home PC, Work PC, tablet and phone all be the same.... but I think I'd be crazy bored. I like variety. I really DON'T want Windows on my phone. Not only do I really do NOT like Windows Mobile today, it's just as locked down as Apple quite frankly. I work on computers all day. I play on computers at night. I simply don't want my phone to be....just another computer. I mean, really, it IS a computer...but not a Windows computer... am I making sense? It's a phone. I want time away from my computers.... stop trying to make me live your Windows lifestyle 24/7 Microsoft.

I went from locked Droid 2 to ROM'd Droid 2 to many devices in-between to my Galaxy S6. I don't root anymore because I use an unrootable regional variant and frankly, I don't see the big deal anymore. I can disable anything right out of the box anymore.

I enjoy people talking about the Galaxy series like they don't evolve like the iPhone series. "Well, the iPhone 6 is bigger and runs smoother, and Galaxy's just stay the same." I, seriously, felt like I was having a discussion with my 10 year old son.

Back