How good is the Nexus??

bakerke2001

Reaction score
I am wondering? Is the nexus that good a phone or is it Ice Cream Sandwich(Android 4.0) that is making it looking that good? Will the Bionic and the Razr get Ice Cream Sandwich in the near future.

Kelly

Nubbie

Reaction score
You're right ICS does help to make it look super awesome!

But the phone alone..

So far.

Awesome.

Screen looks great. runs super smooth. havent had a problem at all.
Battery life is questionable. though Ive been running full brightness and been using it tons...plus I havent broken it in quiet yet.

Even when other phones do get ICS. This phone was designed for ICS. by Google. will remain top phone for a bit.

captdroid

Reaction score
I am wondering? Is the nexus that good a phone or is it Ice Cream Sandwich(Android 4.0) that is making it looking that good? Will the Bionic and the Razr get Ice Cream Sandwich in the near future.

Kelly

Coming from a D1... I must say YES the Nexus is made great running ICS :D Who knows what the future will hold. Go with what makes you happy now. The world of technology, smartphones and devices changes rapidly as does the Android OS.

rjcapp

Reaction score
Yes to ICS on bionic and RAZR.....

The display is awesome on the GN. There are bugs but what smart phone doesn't at first. It's definitely usable. Signal strength needs a fix. I had a Tbolt, bionic, and now the GN. Loved all 3.

Galaxy Nexus all the way

prowler85

Reaction score
Screen is as good as the Razr, and battery is better (my wife has a Razr and can't keep it charged). I personally think the Razr is too light, though it is snappy and a vary nice phone. But camera is better on GNex, NFC is a plus, I love ICS, and though Razr should get ICS in Jan/Feb, you'll have to wait for every update til Moto finishes their skin. GNex will be a couple updates ahead at all times. And GN has no bloat. :biggrin:

I think you'd be happy with a Razr, but I do think the GN has just a little more to offer. But don't go Bionic - the screen is horrible compared to GN/Razr/Rezound.

wil318466

Reaction score
The Nexus is a flat out awesome phone. It's the single best device I've ever bought - and that's saying something.

Battery issues are nonexistant now with undervolted kernels.

powerwagon

Reaction score
Yea, undervolted kernels have made a HUGE difference

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums