How does one copy/paste on a Droid?

J_R

Reaction score
I’ve been told that one can cut/copy and paste on the Droid;
in any application that permits text entry or text selection;
without having to download a Clipboard Manager.

I’m unable to figure out how to do this
either with or without a Clipboard Manager.

How does one copy and paste text on a Droid?

Thanks

TatDroid

Reaction score
If you press and hold on a page with text the copy paste tools should pop up. Move the sliders to select the text, then click the "copy" icon on the top menu. Go to the page you want to paste, press and hold again, then select "paste".

OP
J

J_R

Reaction score
OK...I'm in an application called Quick Notes... Text entry wise it's no different from any other app I have on the droid.

If I press and hold on entered text I get the following selections:
Edit text: Select word/Select all/Input method
Say I choose 'Select word' I get the sliders and can expand or contract my selection...

There are five icons at the top:
1) (top left) calendar icon (press it and the date shows)
2) Airplane icon (I keep my Droid in airplane mode)
3) Battery icon
4) An icon that looks like a clock (press it and the date shows as with the calendar icon

I then place my cursor somewhere where I would like to paste text and press down.
This time I get selection: Edit Text: Input method
I press on 'Input method' and am presented with: Select input method: Multi-touch keyboard/Swype

I do not see any 'copy icon' nor do I encounter a selection that says 'Paste'

What's going on?

OP
J

J_R

Reaction score
If you press and hold on a page with text the copy paste tools should pop up. Move the sliders to select the text, then click the "copy" icon on the top menu. Go to the page you want to paste, press and hold again, then select "paste".

I've finally figured out how to Copy/Paste on my (Motorola) Droid--with severe restrictions.

1) Selecting text is as described in the quote. (but there is no "Copy" icon or selectable command at this point)
2) To copy (or cut) text one must double-press (kinda like double-click but with the finger, leaving the finger down on the second press).
This brings up the list of selectable commands: Cut, Copy, Paste (if there is already something in the 'clipboard')
(In fact, you can copy a single word just by following step 2)

The problem with this action is that it only copies a single word (the one you double-pressed on) not a selected group of words separated by spaces.

Anyone know a way to copy a larger selection than a single word?