How do you use Juice Defender to the fullest?

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Its not that there are NON believers.. its that apps like juice defender have caused issues where people lost data connectivity and couldn't get it back. Thanx :)

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

That is a point. As I said before, JD turns the radios on and off if it can't find a connection right away. If you don't have connectivity issues JD may work better, but again YMMV.

For me, battery life shot down after one day of disabling JD. 70% was gone in 13 hours while I was closer to 50% in 16 hours. This is interesting as with my OG Droid I really didn't see a difference.

As there's a free version, it's easy to try out. I recommend giving it several days to give an average.

Last edited:

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
See the issue that I am referring to isn't applicable to 3g devices. Its a 4g issue. Jd and other apps have somehow interfered with the 4g and 3g radios (in some cases) from being able to squire a signal at all. We're not talking g 40 seconds or 2 mins, we're talking period. FDR's sometimes wouldn't even correct the issue :confused: moto and some others developed apps to help with this.

That's the only reason I suggest (especially on a moto device) steer clear of apps like that. And also 3rd party app killers. Its nothing against jd or apps like it, its just that they're known to cause connectivity issues. And I do my best to try to help people avoid making frustrating mistakes.

I myself made this one back in February and early March. It caused me all sorts of grief, and by trying to trouble shoot it, I was literally wanting to throw my maxx against a wall. I had vzw send out a replacement, a CLNR, but when I powered the CLNR on, it stuck in boot loop.. so I tried a few more things with the maxx I had bought new...

I stumbled on the connectivity app that day on the moto website... deleted jd, and advanced task killer, ran the restore connectivity app, and my phone came back to life.... I had to clear data on my home screen app as well, I was having crashes on that app, I think due to task killer, but it stopped after all of that time..

People can do what they like with their devices, if jd works for you, then by all means use it.. but I won't ever recommend a product that's caused me issues.

The moto apps are designed to work with the device, and they're free as well.

To each their own, this is just my experience ;)

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
I stumbled on the connectivity app that day on the moto website... deleted jd, and advanced task killer, ran the restore connectivity app, and my phone came back to life.... I had to clear data on my home screen app as well, I was having crashes on that app, I think due to task killer, but it stopped after all of that time..

People can do what they like with their devices, if jd works for you, then by all means use it.. but I won't ever recommend a product that's caused me issues.

The moto apps are designed to work with the device, and they're free as well.

To each their own, this is just my experience ;)

Again, YMMV. JD didn't work that well for me on my OG Droid on either Eclair or Froyo, but it appears to be working better with the Bionic.

I want to note that the Restore Connectivity Settings app that I believe you mentioned is for the RAZR (and the RAZR Maxx) only and is not compatible with the Bionic.

Last edited:

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Thank you aaf709 and 94lt1. I bought jd with my og droid, forgot about it and only recently thought I would test it out again. This is very helpful information for me to watch for and might save me a whole lot of frustration trying to figure it out if I have problems.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Droid Forums

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Again, YMMV. JD didn't work that well for me on my OG Droid on either Eclair or Froyo, but it appears to be working better with the Bionic.

I want to note that the Restore Connectivity Settings app that I believe you mentioned is for the RAZR (and the RAZR Maxx) only and is not compatible with the Bionic.

Nope its not for the bionic :)

OP
stingrayracing
Reaction score
Another update....only for those who care. Using Juice Defender Ultimate with the extended battery I am now at 14% charge after 43 hours off the charger. I have used the phone about the same as with the standard battery and maybe a little more. This is good for my area since I get a weak signal most of the time. One good thing I noticed is that my data usage has gone down by about 35% because it automatically switches to Wifi when in range and cuts off data. With Verizon changing its data plans this could be a big plus for some people. I still have unlimited data for now so it is not a big deal for me yet. The only negative I have noticed is that JD does not play nice with Tune In Radio. It will keep cutting in and out as my location changes. However, it works just fine with Pandora with no drops at all. Go figure. So far, no other functions have been affected. Hope this helps some who may want to try JD.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
I was going to try disabling Juice Defender Ultimate for a week to see the change, but stopped after 3 days. When disabled my battery life (4G, Live Wallpaper) dropped to 30% after 13-14 hours. One day it went to 20% after only 12 hours. Turning it back on (Balanced setting) brought me to the plus side of 50% after 15-16 hours.

To the OP, while I haven't had the problem you had with Tune In Radio, you can always disable JD for the duration.

Last edited: