How do you sync paid apps tied to your google account?

wirezd

Reaction score
I recently wiped all my data and have been trying to get my apps which i paid for with my google account back.

How do I get them back? Seems simple enough, but I have no idea what to do.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Goto market, Hit menu, then Downloads....they are there.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I recently wiped all my data and have been trying to get my apps which i paid for with my google account back.

How do I get them back? Seems simple enough, but I have no idea what to do.

Go to the market. Press the menu button, select downloads. They should all be in there.

OP
W

wirezd

Reaction score
Thanks a lot, it was as simple as a figured. dancedroid

OP
W

wirezd

Reaction score
Actually, I've ran into another problem.

I have two different google account and my droid is synched to both of them(the verizon store got my google account name wrong and made me a new one).

The one the verizon rep made is the one with all of my accounts saved. When I go to downloads, I don't see any previously purchased apps because I guess my phone isn't synched only to that account.

Anyone know what to do?

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Not much you can do. Apps are tied to the gmail account that you enter first in the phone.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

I have two different google account and my droid is synched to both of them(the verizon store got my google account name wrong and made me a new one).

The one the verizon rep made is the one with all of my accounts saved. When I go to downloads, I don't see any previously purchased apps because I guess my phone isn't synched only to that account.

Anyone know what to do?

That would be correct. And there is nothing you can do about it if you want your paid apps. They are tied to that one google account that the Verizon rep made up for you.

Just out of curiosity, didn't they ask you first if you had a gmail account? They did when I got mine.

OP
W

wirezd

Reaction score

Anyone know what to do?

That would be correct. And there is nothing you can do about it if you want your paid apps. They are tied to that one google account that the Verizon rep made up for you.

Just out of curiosity, didn't they ask you first if you had a gmail account? They did when I got mine.
It was a present so they went ahead and made me another account.

So, there's nothing I can do? I can't un-sync the account that I had before I got my droid and then download the apps?

korp

Reaction score
Go to settings > accounts > add account > google .... should do it.

OP
W

wirezd

Reaction score
Sorry for the overabundance of questions, but if I were to factory reset the phone through settings > privacy would that remove my 2.2 I installed this morning?

That seems like the only option, as it appears my non-verizon made gmail account is the first account I synched since doing a factory reset this morning.

Thanks again...

OP
W

wirezd

Reaction score
Go to settings > accounts > add account > google .... should do it.
It is added, but it only lets you transfer apps from the initial account you sync to your phone.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
[
So, there's nothing I can do? I can't un-sync the account that I had before I got my droid and then download the apps?

They shouldn't of done that. Verizon people. You can add your account on as the previous poster mentioned but your main gmail account will be the one Verizon put on there.

Pretty big mistake by Verizon. They should have just sold the phone and not set it up until you got hold of it.

korp

Reaction score
Sorry for the overabundance of questions, but if I were to factory reset the phone through settings > privacy would that remove my 2.2 I installed this morning?

That seems like the only option, as it appears my non-verizon made gmail account is the first account I synched since doing a factory reset this morning.

Thanks again...
Doing that should only remove the apps and stuff from the phone back to what would be the factory settings. If you do that you will lose all your data though and have to redownload the apps. You could try reflashing 2.2 if you want.