IMAP, Gmail, Google Apps, Syncing

ItsJessMe

Reaction score
Hope I can summarize this easily....

For months I used 1 computer with POP, and everything synced to my Droid beautifully.

I recently switched to a desktop/laptop/mini combo and switched to IMAP so my mail would sync among computers. That works.

But my calendars are all messed up. The calendar with gmail account tied to my Droid (which the Verizon folks set up for me when I got it and which I otherwise don't use) and my work calendar (work email is through google apps) don't sync, so I'm missing appointments and double booking. 2 computer consultants have given up.

So my question is...can I change the gmail account that's tied to my Droid from my gmail account to my work gmail apps account, and then get rid of the gmail account all together? If so, will that solve the problem? Thanks.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hope I can summarize this easily....

For months I used 1 computer with POP, and everything synced to my Droid beautifully.

I recently switched to a desktop/laptop/mini combo and switched to IMAP so my mail would sync among computers. That works.

But my calendars are all messed up. The calendar with gmail account tied to my Droid (which the Verizon folks set up for me when I got it and which I otherwise don't use) and my work calendar (work email is through google apps) don't sync, so I'm missing appointments and double booking. 2 computer consultants have given up.

So my question is...can I change the gmail account that's tied to my Droid from my gmail account to my work gmail apps account, and then get rid of the gmail account all together? If so, will that solve the problem? Thanks.

My brother had a similar situation. I don't know if he ever resolved it because no matter how hard he tried he couldn't get the original gmail account to disappear.

In theory it should work. You'd lose any apps that you have tied to your original gmail account though.

izzysmom

Reaction score
My understanding is the only way to get rid of the FIRST Gmail account you install on any of the android system phones is to do a factory reset. Otherwise the original account is always king.