How do you setup the voicemail account on droid x?

xliderider

Reaction score
Menu, Settings, Call Settings, Voicemail Settings. You can set your voicemail password to be automatically dialed there by putting your password after the *86 after a few commas (pauses) so it will look like this:

*86,,xxxx# where xxxx is your password.

xliderider

Reaction score
Ive a DroidX, tried this and didn't work. Verizon

Sent from my DROIDX

Did you hold down the 1 key for speed dial, or did you press the voicemail icon on the bottom of the dialer keypad? Either way, I think it is the Blur dialer that intercepts it and dials *86 instead of what you programmed.

Try looking for Voicemail in contacts and edit it with your password info. Then try using the 1 key speed dial to call voicemail instead of using the voicemail icon on the dialer.

scf

Reaction score
If you already have voicemail setup on your number, and just want to know how to program the PIN to automatically input:
Tap Settings
Tap Call Settings
Tap Voicemail Settings
Edit box as follows:
*86,dddd# (where dddd is your PIN)

If you are setting up voicemail for the first time, simply dial *86 and press send. Follow the directions, and set up your voicemail, then see above.

HopiKachinaStar

Reaction score
I tried replacing the dddd with my pin. Did not work. Only difference is my pin is 5 characters.

Sent from my DROIDX

HopiKachinaStar

Reaction score
My mistake. It is working. I'm not accustomed to a long wait. The BB I had before this Droid had VM called and my PIN entered very fast. After connecting to VM I have to wait about four entire seconds before the PIN is entered. I tried multiple commas and one comma. Either way it takes took long for PIN to be entered. Will keep looking and trying news things. I noticed an odd pause after connecting to VM. I have a call recorder thats suppose to be on top of the calls. As well as a couple of other phone services that perhaps are interfering with entering the pin number faster.

Sent from my DROIDX

HopiKachinaStar

Reaction score
Actually it works when I dial VM but not if I press the # one speed dial key to dial. I must manually dial VM to get the PIN to be entered by phone. I edited VM number through settings, call settings, voicemail. I also edited by going into contacts.

Logan176

Reaction score
If I were you I would just download Youmail from the market. Free visual voicemail that works pretty damn good. I just couldn't see myself giving Verizon any more money.

Reaction score
I have my voicemail set up like this on my X and it works fine, just remove a "," if needed to get the timing correct for the password entry.

Steve