how do you send complete songs in a text message

dave258369

Reaction score
hi my son was asking me how do you send whole songs in a text message and i sure do not know how i use handcent for ringtones but it has a size limit is there any way to send whole songs? thanks go droid

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
I don't think this is possible.....if I'm wrong someone please correct me though

justbob

Reaction score
So in essence you're be creating the world's slowest P2P network. :icon_eek:

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
not sure if it's possible, but if it is, i agree with others on how it will be slow.

you're better off just sending through e-mail

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
If the song is REALLY short, you might be able to, but all carieers have limits on file size sent via mms.

Had a friend send me an entire song via Bluetooth on different occasions with other phones, but then you have to be near each other and that's still gonna take a while...

radtad007

Reaction score
i figured out a way

This is how I figured out how to do it... granted it isn't the greatest quality but you CAN do it and it doesn't take forever....

First you get a program that will play the song you want to send. ( I used music wizard which is FREE and you can preview or download for free also)

Second you play the preview

When it is trying to connect to the server you go to the text that you want to send to yoour friend or whoever and you push the menu button and pick attach and then scroll down fast to the record audio one...

When your phone finally starts to preview the song push record and push stop when the song is over...

Then you say obviously use this recording and then it will add it to the text quick and you can play the audio before you send it to see how bad it sounds and you may want to adjust the sound when you are recording it but play with it but that is how I did it....

pinktoad

Reaction score
Sending audio via text

I found 2 apps that together should help people send audio via text.

DroidRecord will record music off radio, your voice, etc. Once recorded, go into that app and rename it.

ChompSMS will change the face of text messaging. Everyone I talk to likes it. When using it, click the settings button (the lines icon next to the little home icon) on your phone. This will display options, one of them is Attach. On the attach menu is Audio. My phone has all my audio centrally located, so I could easily find ringtones and audio I'd recorded with DroidRecord.

I haven't tried sending a full song yet, but did send about a 90 second portion of a song I'd recorded off the radio. :)

dawnCEO

Reaction score
How to send songs in a text

You are right. There is a limit in size regarding data that can be sent as a text message. In most cases it is no greater than 600 kbs. This ends up being about 18-23 seconds of a song.

Check out www.SayItBySong.com