how do u format the sd card ext?

93fuelslut

Reaction score
i went to settings, erase sd card ext, but i dont know if i just erased stuff or actually formatted it...
and i need to format it cause it said sd card could be damaged on my phone

OP
93fuelslut

93fuelslut

Reaction score
I dont want to just wipe it clean, i want to format it since it said "sd card might be damaged"..
what i did was go to settings/storage/erase sd card ext......but idk if that just wipes it or formats it

qurk

Reaction score
If I recall correctly, when I plugged in my 64gb microsd the phone told me that at first too, so I wouldn't be too worried. I think the easiest way to format it would be to hook it up to your computer and format it as FAT file system. I've had microSD's dead out of the box, but never had one go out on me, so I wouldn't stress too much if I were you. On my Nokia n810 I even had it to boot and run from the microsd, swap and everything, and over a year or two it never went out :) I could find the command for you to format if you are using linux. I don't know much about windows though.

qurk

Reaction score
The way it used to be, was you right clicked on the drive you wanted to format, pick out the right option, and format. Windows is pretty cut and dry. Or wait, did you have to go to a command line and type fdisk? I haven't ran windows since '02 or '03 but it's pretty easy to format a drive....now whether they give you the option to format to FAT? Not sure if Microsoft has obsoleted that even though it's the standard on SD and stuff.
<-----has a lot of reasons to dislike microsoft, but I'm pretty sure they try to cater to people actually trying to do stuff, still