How do pics from my PC end up on my Droid?

liguy257

Reaction score
A while back I noticed some albums in my Droid gallery that I could swear I didn't put on my phone, but figured I must have. I just looked in there today and saw an album of pics I put on my computer labor day weekend, that I know for a fact I never transfered to my phone.

I'm guessing the phone some how auto-synced the folder to the gallery, but I have no idea how. These pictures went from my camera to a random folder on my computer, so it's not even like they went into My Pictures. What's weirder ist hat I think I only hooked my phone up to the computer once to charge it, and I know I didn't turn on the USB connection.

EDIT: I think I figured it out. It looks like the albums on my phone are the same ones I've uploaded to Google using Picasa. WTF though, how do you turn that off? This phone is mad sneaky.

Last edited:

listenman20

Reaction score
i would imagine you just sign out of picasa on your phone.
otherwise i would think there would be a setting in your acct online that determines syncing capabilities. if not then write to google and tell them there needs to be one.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Glad you figured it out. Keep in mind Picasa is a Google product and it simply links your Google account's email, contacts, and photos to your phone.

OP
L

liguy257

Reaction score
i would imagine you just sign out of picasa on your phone.
otherwise i would think there would be a setting in your acct online that determines syncing capabilities. if not then write to google and tell them there needs to be one.

I don't even have picasa on my phone, which is why I never made the connection I guess. I just happened to be in my picasa album online when I made this thread and noticed that it was all the same albums on my phone (none of which I voluntarily put there). Anyone know how to turn that off? I don't think I ever set up anything to sync to google on it's own.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
It's actually very nice how much sync's while we are not looking, even while signed into igoogle the search results show across the board :)

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
It's actually very nice how much sync's while we are not looking, even while signed into igoogle the search results show across the board :)

The first tine I left a browser on at work with gmail.com in a tab I was surprised when I came in that morning and all of these little g'talk web windows were open with chats from the night before!

Very cool how it takes FB profile images and makes them Contact images. No way would I be putting little pictures in for everyone in my contacts!

I may have to try Picasa, except we take lots of pictures. Without realizing it I suppose you could fill SD card up if it already was close to full.