How do i uninstall superuser

hamchannell

Reaction score
Also when I select normal power up it just goes to the Motorola Logo then screen goes Black, no booting up - no happy little animation - nada - getitng ready to try to reinstall the .211 Fastboot Restore

Ah well Droid toon on his back witht he chest flap open again with orange triangle with black exclamation mark - any thoughts anyone?

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
Ah well Droid toon on his back witht he chest flap open again with orange triangle with black exclamation mark - any thoughts anyone?
When you get the Droid w/chest flap hold down the volume up and volume down buttons together. That will boot you into recovery. From their clear cache and then select reboot.

I'm not sure why the utility didn't work for you, but if what I just recommended doesn't get you up and running Sydman just posted another method of returning to stock titled "All eggs in one basket". You can give that method a try also.

Last edited:

hamchannell

Reaction score
When you get the Droid w/chest flap hold down the volume up and volume down buttons together. That will boot you into recovery. From their clear cache and then select reboot.

I'm not sure why the utility didn't work for you, but if what I just recommended doesn't get you up and running Sydman just posted another method of returning to stock titled "All eggs in one basket". You can give that method a try also.

Ok tried that method and thanks for posting the suggestion. Same result though - Motorola Logo comes on for about 5 seconds and then screen goes black and there is no cinematic - no working phone.

I will try Sydmans suggestion next. Thanks again though.

hamchannell

Reaction score
If you press and hold the volume down and power button for 10 seconds the phone should reboot. As soon as the screen flashes hold the volume up and down at the same time and see if you can get into the recovery menu.

It takes me to the recovery menu and I select "recovery" and get that sad little droid on his back.

Is there any application out there that would just wipe everything, and then load the original 2.3 honeycomb that came on the Razr when it released 11-11-11 with all the stock apps and such?

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Ok tried that method and thanks for posting the suggestion. Same result though - Motorola Logo comes on for about 5 seconds and then screen goes black and there is no cinematic - no working phone.

I will try Sydmans suggestion next. Thanks again though.

Yeah if you just need to get back to stock ICS I would recommend using the fastboot files with RSD lite, just need to boot your phone back into AP Fastboot mode and follow the instructions in that link.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-razr-hacks/218746-all-eggs-one-basket.html

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
It takes me to the recovery menu and I select "recovery" and get that sad little droid on his back.

Is there any application out there that would just wipe everything, and then load the original 2.3 honeycomb that came on the Razr when it released 11-11-11 with all the stock apps and such?

Oh you were on GB? If you are on GB then you need to use either the Razr Utility 1.6 to FB back to stock, or you can still use that guide I put up and download the fastboot files directly and still use RSD Lite. Instead of choosing recovery choose AP Fastboot from the menu.

hamchannell

Reaction score
Oh you were on GB? If you are on GB then you need to use either the Razr Utility 1.6 to FB back to stock, or you can still use that guide I put up and download the fastboot files directly and still use RSD Lite. Instead of choosing recovery choose AP Fastboot from the menu.

OK well now I grabbed the 1.5 which says it would take it back to original settings ... so following same procedure - putting it into AP and then start the utility and the app says "The system cannot find the path specified. I tried a few other options and get the samw message - it can't spot it.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
OK well now I grabbed the 1.5 which says it would take it back to original settings ... so following same procedure - putting it into AP and then start the utility and the app says "The system cannot find the path specified. I tried a few other options and get the samw message - it can't spot it.

The 1.5 Utility is only if you were/are on GB .173 if you were on the latest GB build which is .181 you are going to want to use the 1.6 utility. You need to make sure and extract the whole zip file to make sure it extracts the files you need for Fastboot.

hamchannell

Reaction score
The 1.5 Utility is only if you were/are on GB .173 if you were on the latest GB build which is .181 you are going to want to use the 1.6 utility. You need to make sure and extract the whole zip file to make sure it extracts the files you need for Fastboot.

Sydman, thanks so much for the help, the phone is working now and SuperUser is gone - now for the ICS update - you are my new HERO!!!!! Also JP and is it Batman who made the Utility - thanks all again.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Wow, what a team! I'm reading through this thread and am just impressed! Sydman, you are amazing! I am so glad you are part of this forum! Jpcalhoun super! DF is so lucky to have such wonderful and brilliant people helping each other!

I vote for sydman's new tag line to be... Sydman: unbricking Androids, one phone at a time!

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Sydman, thanks so much for the help, the phone is working now and SuperUser is gone - now for the ICS update - you are my new HERO!!!!! Also JP and is it Batman who made the Utility - thanks all again.

That is fantastic I am glad your phone is up and running again, as always let us know if you need any more help.

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
Your welcome my friend. Always glad to help when I can. I just wish we'd figured out you were on GB right from the get-go. It would have saved you a lot of headaches. But glad you're up and running.

FRASIER

Reaction score
I'm pretty new to the Forum, and pretty much new to everything that's being said in the forum as well. I will say after reading several forums and reading several options, I only decided to join the forum because of the positive feedback. Honestly, it put a smile on my face. It may not matter to most, but it goes a long way in my book. Well what brings me here is i received a droid razr, model xt912, and it has a superuser app on it, i was reading thru the forum and decided to try the 181 utility thru .bat, everything worked perfectly, well kinda...I'm stuck, the phone turns on for about 5 secs to the motorola screen then turns off.. and it'll even give me the same android on it's back with it's chest open, i've gone into recovery tried clearing the caches. Then tried the factory reset again and it still wouldn't come on. ive even went as far as doing the restore again...SOMEONE PLEASE HELP

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Welcome to the forum frasier. I wish I knew more about the best steps when someone runs into problems rooting. I know how to get there and back. But both Sydman and Matty are excellent at knowing the best options of what to do. Sydman has been helping literally around the clock. I'm sure he will notice this soon. In the meantime, I will see if I can find more info that might help.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Welcome to the forum Frasier!

Question do you know if your phone was on ICS or Gingerbread before you used the utility?