How do I move a widget/icon over to another page?

OldMan1955

Reaction score
I have several widgets/icons on the second page and the third page is blank. I would like to move some of the widgets/icons over to this page, but I can't seem to make it work.

I hold the widget/icon until it vibrates then I try to move it to the other page but it never works. If they are widgets/icons that I got from the free market, can they also be moved to the other screens?

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Just drag it over. Make sure you drag right against the edge of the screen.

Another_Dude

Reaction score
Keep doing what you are doing. You need to longpress the widget and move it clear to the side of your screen, and sometimes I use a bit of a "throw" motion to get to the next screen.

If that isn't working, just delete the widget off the screen that it is on, move over to the blank screen, and install it there.

Joker

Reaction score
Just be sure there is room on the new page for the widget, otherwise it just goes right back to the original page.

jgumphress

Reaction score
I found it helps when you get to the edge of the screen, and the screen doesn't change, to slide the app up and down on the edge of the screen. I know, it sounds silly but it always works for me. Also is seems to work better on different launchers. I was using Helix for awhile and now have LauncherPro. Seems to work better on LP.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
In this case, as in so many others, patience is a virtue. When you drag the icon to the edge of the screen, wait with your finger still on the icon. The homescreen will usually change after a few seconds without the need to "toss," "throw," or otherwise abuse the icon.

STIDRIVER

Reaction score
I usually just delete and re-install... takes 2 seconds...

Kabilos

Reaction score
Just drag it over. Make sure you drag right against the edge of the screen.

Thank you so much. I was actually looking for a justification reason for why sometimes my icons would leave and end up on another page and for the life of me I could not figure out how to get them back to where they came from. (Other than deleting them and re-adding them.)

Your answer has shown me 2 things. 1. how to fix it, and 2. how it happened :)

- Kabi

TheOldFart

Reaction score
In this case, as in so many others, patience is a virtue. When you drag the icon to the edge of the screen, wait with your finger still on the icon. The homescreen will usually change after a few seconds without the need to "toss," "throw," or otherwise abuse the icon.

That's exactly what I found. You have to hold it against the edge for a couple of seconds and then it goes to the next screen.