How Do I Make Camera Zoom FX My Default Camera @ Unlock Screen?

mmcompute

Reaction score
I really like Camera ZoomFX and I want to make it my default camera. I've already setup a button in the icon tray at the bottom of my screen but I can't figure out how to access the camera from the unlock screen. Just to be clear, when we look at the unlock screen there is a camera swipe and that swipe quick launches the stock camera. I want it to launch Camera ZoomFX instead. How do I do this?

SallyC

Reaction score
When I swipe it asks me which one I want to use since I installed FX. Is it not doing this for you? Try going into manage apps and clear data.

Nyteravyn

Reaction score
When I swipe it asks me which one I want to use since I installed FX. Is it not doing this for you? Try going into manage apps and clear data.

Did not work for me. I've even set fx as default...?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

OP
M

mmcompute

Reaction score
That didn't work for me either. What happens if I uninstall the default camera app?

SallyC

Reaction score
You can't uninstalled it. Did you try clear data for both camera applications?

sarabush1968

Reaction score
I am curious to know what makes this better than the camer app that comes with the phone?

bigkhan

Reaction score
Why cant you uninstall it? I would only freeze it though. If you ever want it again, you wont find it anywhere.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

SallyC

Reaction score
Yes I did but the stock camera still launches from the unlock screen.

Are you using an alternative lockscreen like Widget Locker? If so you need to open that app to customize it.

Are you rooted? I'm assuming your phone is stock but have you modified it?

m3incorp

Reaction score
Have you tried it? I find that it works much better in low light situations and seems to be a little steadier for shaky hands....maybe that's just me but that is why I use Zoom FX

I am curious to know what makes this better than the camer app that comes with the phone?