How Do I Unlock my Phone with Camera/Volume Rocker?

baldybill

Reaction score
When I use a program like NoLock, I can unlock the phone with the power button, the volume rocker, or the camera button.

Otherwise the power button brings up the lock screen and the volume rocker and the camera button do nothing while the screen is off.

Does anyone know how (a setting or an app) to be able to use the camera button and volume rocker to bring up the lock screen?

spydergirl

Reaction score
Make sure you have the camera button set to do "nothing" in the settings. Then download the "No Lock" app from the market. Put the phone to "sleep" mode from the top power button (to avoid hitting buttons or accidentally calling people), then just press the camera button to wake it up. Make sure the "No Lock" us set to "disabled." HTH :)

harrellj

Reaction score
If you don't want NoLock, you can always try a lock screen manager (like Widgetlocker).

OP
B

baldybill

Reaction score
I don't know if I was clear. I wanted a way to press the camera button or volume rocker and have it start the lockscreen, not bypass the lockscreen.

I used No Lock and liked the volume rocker and camera ways, but wanted the features of the lockscreen.

Any other thoughts?

harrellj

Reaction score
I don't know if I was clear. I wanted a way to press the camera button or volume rocker and have it start the lockscreen, not bypass the lockscreen.

I used No Lock and liked the volume rocker and camera ways, but wanted the features of the lockscreen.

Any other thoughts?

Then check out widgetlocker.

Yeah, yeah.. I'm on my phone. So?