How do I know when an installed app has been updated?

bodean

Reaction score
When I go to market, do I have a place to view "installed" apps because I don't see it. Or is there a free program that can alert us when an installed app has an update for it?

slammed

Reaction score
i downloaded WHERE on friday when i first got the phone. then on sat i got a message that there was an update for the app. it may depend on the app, but some may notify you if there is an update.

Droider

Reaction score
Notifications for updates to Market apps should appear in your notification tray (at the top of the home screens). I'm not sure how the timing works. With my G1 the notification would sometimes take a while before showing up.

The other way to check is to open the Market, press menu key, and then select Downloads. It will show you the list of everything you have downloaded or purchased. Anything with an update will be at the very top of the list and say "Update available."

dbronstein

Reaction score
I never get any update notifications. I have notices some apps that have been updated, so I'm getting the updates installed. Is there a setting for this?

Sweet Daddy

Reaction score
I never get any update notifications. I have notices some apps that have been updated, so I'm getting the updates installed. Is there a setting for this?

Mine does it automatically. Very efficient system, especially coming from the world of Blackberry!

R E M Y

Reaction score
... a notification pops up and click update =)

R E M Y

Reaction score
When I go to market, do I have a place to view "installed" apps because I don't see it. Or is there a free program that can alert us when an installed app has an update for it?

to view installed apps , go into the market place and press the menu button then press the ' downloads' button :)