Backup & Restoring Apps using Astro

Dark Lazer

Reaction score
I was wondering, when you backup and then restore your apps using Astro, do they still get updated after you restore them? I noticed that when I went to the market, most (if not all) of the apps that I had restored were listed in the market and said "Free" or "Purchased", instead of "Installed". This makes me wonder if the phone assumes the apps werent installed through the market and thus they wont actually update.

OP
Dark Lazer

Dark Lazer

Reaction score
Bump =/ someone surely has to know thw answer to this.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
You are correct. Apps restored using Astro will not update on their own. If I were you I'd shell out a few dollars and get Titanium for back up. You shouldn't have that issue with Titanium.

OP
Dark Lazer

Dark Lazer

Reaction score
Ahh gotcha. Thanks for the response. I guess I'll be using Titanium then. It was a pain having to reinstall every app.

GeneralTJWillys

Reaction score
Newbie to the backup apps, but do both Astro and Titanium automatically include your contacts list, or do I need to manually move them into the backup location?

THANKS!!

fpikus

Reaction score
I just discovered that AppBrain can restore market links: AppBrain app will scan installed apps (not the ones listed in the Market, but actually installed ones) and compare them with what Market has. For apps with updates it can "Update using Market", which sends you to the right Market page. From there you have to either "Update" or "Install" the app, usually "Install" because Market thinks it's a new app, but it ends up updating it anyway.