Best App Backup/Restore Utility

jstrick5

Reaction score
Opinions on the easiest and most complete way to back up and restore Apps?

Methods I've used up to this point prevent the apps from showing up as having been downloaded when I look under the market.

I'm not necessarily looking for a tool to backup the sdk's more something to auto download them from the market or at least direct me to the market page so I can download it myself.

dasanman69

Reaction score
Google can backup your apps on the cloud. Just select the backup/restore option under settings

OP
J

jstrick5

Reaction score
Google can backup your apps on the cloud. Just select the backup/restore option under settings

This has never worked... I think it backs up your paid for apps (5% of my total). Another story entirely, but I've had 7 replacement verizon phones and none of them have restored any of my non-paid for apps.

I've heard mention everywhere how google backs up your apps but there's no documentation anywhere on the process they use to do this or what settings to make to enable it.

On DroidX, the only Backup type option I can find under the menu is "Backup Assistant" which wasn't even on my original Droid I.

Can you be more specific on where is backup/restore option is at?

dasanman69

Reaction score
Its under privacy on my D1. I recently did a factory reset and all my apps were immediately reinstalled both paid and free. I also use Astro file manager and mybackup pro but they don't show up as installed on the market.

OP
J

jstrick5

Reaction score
Its under privacy on my D1. I recently did a factory reset and all my apps were immediately reinstalled both paid and free. I also use Astro file manager and mybackup pro but they don't show up as installed on the market.

Found it, and I have it checked. I can't believe this hasn't worked for me. I'm on my 7th replacement verizon phone and not one has downloaded my free apps for me.

eddyban

Reaction score
For me Systempanel is the best backup app and give you market link

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App