How do I get rid of the big clock on the home screen?

kingfish

Reaction score
I dont see the need for it since the time is already displayed at the upper right corner. And its big and annoying. Is there a way to remove that thing?

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I dont see the need for it since the time is already displayed at the upper right corner. And its big and annoying. Is there a way to remove that thing?

Long-press on it and drag it down to where the app drawer is [the tab should have a trashcan on it]. That'll remove it. Unless it's an Eris, then I can't guarantee anything, because I've got Moto.

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
No offense, but if you have an HTC, I'd ask a mod to move your thread to the HTC section so that users of your phone can answer your question.

Unless dual owners lurk here. OMG!

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
No offense, but if you have an HTC, I'd ask a mod to move your thread to the HTC section so that users of your phone can answer your question.

Unless dual owners lurk here. OMG!

I browse threads to check out in "Active Topics," so I get posts from All over the site. Thanks for pointing out about the Moto Droid section, as I don't read where they're coming from very often.

izu516

Reaction score
Yes, what he is said above is correct. Simply hold down the clock and the phone button in the bottom toolbar will say 'Remove' with a trashcan image next to it. Dragging it there, the clock will turn red. When it's red, release your finger.

Reaction score
Yes, what he is said above is correct. Simply hold down the clock and the phone button in the bottom toolbar will say 'Remove' with a trashcan image next to it. Dragging it there, the clock will turn red. When it's red, release your finger.
After doing that, how do I get the clock back if I decide I want it?

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Oh crap! I hope you didn't do that if you think you might want it back!!!!

Haha! Just kidding...To get it back, you'll have to make sure you have enough room on your homescreen, then long-press in an open area, select widgets, and select the clock.

izu516

Reaction score
To further clarify what he said, you may also touch the plus sign in the bottom toolbar to get to the widget selection screen. Once there, choose 'HTC Widget' then 'Clock'. You may now use the arrows on either side of the bottom toolbar to choose which type of clock you would like and then touch select to choose it.

izu516

Reaction score
No problem. It's great for moto people to come here and help out. The only difference between the two is android 2 and sense UI. Actually, I do go over to the Droid area myself :D

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I just go to the "active topics" page most of the time, because then I see what's going on currently. If I have advice to offer, I give it, if not, I might bump it if no one else has helped out.