How do I Get Music on my Droid?

vrlibra30

Reaction score
I recently got my Droid and I haven't figured out how to get my music in the right places. I want to make folders for different Genres of music also. Can someone please help! When I put my music on the phone and go to the music app, it plays ALL my songs, ringtones as well. Should the ringtones go in a seperate location? HELP ME PLEASE! :confused:

sockmess

Reaction score
what formats are your music and are they DRM protected. Droid right now doesn't play DRM music (usually music from subscription services like Rhapshody and Napster but this could change soon)

Other than that the music should be seen no matter where it is on your sd card. But yes if you want a song for a ringtone and you don't want to to only pick one song at a time to be that ringtone your going to need a folder labeled "ringtones"
and if you want a sound for your notifications one labeled "notifications" and for alarms... well that one is kinda tricky... "alarms"

Use the search feature though, and you can get more into detail about it though.

Guchi

Reaction score
I would recomend using the radio apps. Pandora and slacker are great but there are others

MK17

Reaction score
There is also, iheartradio, which is good for listening to clear channel stations if you know any. I'm stoked I can get 94.5 the buzz and 93.7 the arrow when I'm no where near houston

DroidPWNS

Reaction score
woot Rod Ryan is the Jam! i just cant figure out how to use iheartradio

MK17

Reaction score
Download app
Open app
Click All Cities
Scroll down to and click Houston, TX
Click preferred station

jasonb

Reaction score
i'm going to suggest that if you are ripping music from CD's that you use Winamp's MP4/aacPlus (HE-AAC) encoder at 64kbps. i had ripped music with windows media player at 192kbps mp3 and could tell it sounded compressed. i then tried Winamp's HE-AAC format and it sounds noticeably better. i did a little blind test using headphones and my big speakers at home and i could easily pick which one was HE-AAC and which one was the 192kbps MP3. the HE-AAC at 64kbps also takes considerably less space, it's just a much better, more efficient format.

alansupra94

Reaction score
I really didn't think space was a problem on a 16GB SD card.....

Imusic lets you download music straight to your phone like limewire