How do I disable the "droid" startup sound?

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
Very strange indeed. Shouldn't be doing it if the phone is set to vibrate or silent when you power down.

Waterwooods

Reaction score
Even when my droid 2x is set to silent and mute volume the start-up announces "DROID" which means I can't turn it on during meetings or conferences. I don't recommend it because it lacks simple, dependable "all sounds off" function. Even "silent-boot" app is slain by this beast.

SAVVY_1

Reaction score
When I 1st purchased my droid the annoying name would always sound when powering on.
When an OTA update occurred it silenced that idiotic noise.
But, the latest OTA update brought it back.
I heard that rooting your phone will allow you to remove that feature, but I'm not going that route.
Very disappointing!

Sent from my DROID Pro using DroidForums

jrileymail

Reaction score
Silencing the Droid Sound Upon Start Up

I just bought a droid x2 and I would like to know how to disable the 'droid' sound it makes upon startup. I don't want to annoy/bother myself and the people around me every time I turn on my phone.

I've tried looking around all the settings, having the phone in silent mode, and multiple apps that advertised 'silent boot' but nothing seems to work.

Does anyone know how can I get rid of that sound?
[/B]
I figured out how to do it on my Droid 2 Global, and maybe the process will work on other phones as well:
-Go to home page
-Open Settings menu
-Select Sounds
-Select Volume
You will see three slide bars, one each for Ringtone, Media and Alarm, plus a box which says "Use incoming call volume for notifications". Most likely that box is checked.
-Uncheck the box, and a Notification slide bar will appear.
-Slide the indicator on the bar all the way to the left, bringing the volume to zero.
Now you will no longer hear tones when messages or emails come in (the phone will vibrate, however), but more importantly the "Droid" sound is silenced!

SuperNass

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung J1 sm-j100vpp
Once rooted, all my phones have been something like device/system/media/audio/ui and the file is PowerOn.ogg Rename the file. I renamed mine PowerOn.ogg.original
This what my current Samsung J1 uses.