How Do I Change default Dialer on N3?

ripper2860

Reaction score
OK -- I admit, I am new to this phone, but isn't everybody?? Loving the phone, but I have one quirk that is driving me nuts...

I don't like the stock dialer (a bit too cartoon-ish for my liking). I've used exDailer on my previous moto phones and really like it. It installs and works on the N3, but I cannot set it as my default dialer. When I perform and action that requires the dialer and I am presented with an option to select the dialer program "Just Once" or "Always", exDialer is never an option. I've gone into task manager and cleared the default settings and no-go. Appears it is not an exDialer issue as the same happens with RocketDail. I've also seen reports of this issue with the S4.

Any ideas??

BTW - not rooted.

Thanks!!

Wow. 190 views and no ideas. Don't know if it is a 4.3 thing that prevents changing the dialer or a Samsung thing. I guess this is a real head scratcher or I am the only one that doesn't like the stock dialer. :biggrin:

I installed the exdialer to test ...I was able to select as always and have it go to it...I tested from maps and dialing a number...it gave me option for both...BUT when number shows in exdialer if I hit to call it's still using the stock phone interface...

Yeah. Maybe that better describes my issue. It still uses the stock phone interface.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

I have same issues with anything I want to change to default. Ie chrome instead of browser. Firefox.

Most none oem installed apps I keep getting 'clear defaults' after selecting always. And keeps prompting if I want just once or always.

OK -- I admit, I am new to this phone, but isn't everybody?? Loving the phone, but I have one quirk that is driving me nuts...

I don't like the stock dialer (a bit too cartoon-ish for my liking). I've used exDailer on my previous moto phones and really like it. It installs and works on the N3, but I cannot set it as my default dialer. When I perform and action that requires the dialer and I am presented with an option to select the dialer program "Just Once" or "Always", exDialer is never an option. I've gone into task manager and cleared the default settings and no-go. Appears it is not an exDialer issue as the same happens with RocketDail. I've also seen reports of this issue with the S4.

Any ideas??

BTW - not rooted.

Thanks!!

Looks like you need ROOT, Also need Xposed (see Show Content in Thread), but I found you a nice new DIALER... See 4 Yourself, xda-developers - View Single Post - [XTHEME] AOSP For Touchwiz v.2.1

Attachments

• XTHEME  AOSP For Touchwiz v.2.1   xda developers.png
    XTHEME AOSP For Touchwiz v.2.1 xda developers.png
    31 KB · Views: 1,213
Just when I was thinking there was no rush to ROOT my N3 ...

Thanks KaChow!!!

Will i need Xposed as well to use this on my SM-N900V I'm also on SS3.65 with Clean Rom 1.5...
Thanks in advance

You would need to use XPosed in order to use this module...if running a custom ROM, you would want to be sure that it wouldn't conflict with the ROM's theme and such.

Thanks smalltown girl13, I must check with the Clean Roms crew to make certain that this will work. Great info.

I installed the Exdialer but it's like everyone formentioned, it reverts back to the stock white dialer before the call is placed. . Not what I'm looking for. I uninstalled it. ..

I too dislike the default dialer... immensely. When I use the method of typing in a few letters of the contacts name the lag time before the list of possible contacts is not acceptable in a phone with these specs. Of course I could go directly to the contact list but this too is time consuming. I-phones have this down to a science.
The dialer is lousy, period.
Samsung, you should be ashamed of this!

Back