How do I answer the phone?

jocollects

Reaction score
I am very frustrated after 3 weeks of owning my Droid. To answer the phone, I have to turn it on, move the green arrow & then press the picture of the caller. By this time, the caller has left a message or hung up. Then I have to check to see who called & call the person back! I've never had to take so many steps to answer a call on any other phone. Then if I have to enter a number for a password, etc. I have to turn it back on, find the number pad & enter the number. What is with that? It is also heavy & bulky with the keypad that I never use. Can I return it since I haven't sent in my rebate forms yet? I did cut the box for the rebate but I do have the box & the part that I cut out. I do like having the internet & GPS so what phone should I buy that I can answer with one hand & keep in my pocket?
Another question: When I upload a picture to my facebook, does that count as a text & pic or is it counted as time on the web? How do I download the pictures to my computer or to a friend's email as an attachment? I sure hope I can return it or exchange it for a different model. I like the Verizon coverage so I don't want to switch to AT&T for an iphone.

skaman9876

Reaction score
Hrrm that's crazy... .for me to answer the phone when someone calls the screen auto turns on then i just slide the answer phone button over to the right and start talking. Clicking the picture has nothing to do with answering the call. Best of luck to you I can't live without my droid after i found out all the things you can do with it.

Reaction score
I am very frustrated after 3 weeks of owning my Droid. To answer the phone, I have to turn it on, move the green arrow & then press the picture of the caller.

This is definitely not normal. Maybe look in the call settings and see if you accidentally changed something.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
When I have to answer a call I have to turn the phone on, put it in landscape mode and open the keyboard. Slide the call open, touch all four corners of the picture and then click ok.

Then no problems :icon_evil:

T

techdaring

Turn the screen on, slide to answer if have a phone call.

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Something is wrong. Mine wakes itself and I slide to answer or ignore. I'd take it back to Verizon.

jlaidlaw

Reaction score
Yeah exchange it for a new one or look through your settings. Also, if you don't like having the "bulky" keyboard then why did you buy the Droid? You should've went with something more iPhone like because that's what it seems you are interested in. Seeing as you already have so many issues physically and internally, you should look into a new phone IMO.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Mine rings and turns on, slide to answer, Talk......No hoop jumping.

I've never seen a Droid act in the way the op has described...

zMd113

Reaction score
Well since you don't like how heavy it is and if the keyboard is useless to you then just trade it for an Incredible. Answering phone calls on the Incredible is easy, just slide down to answer.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Well since you don't like how heavy it is and if the keyboard is useless to you then just trade it for an Incredible. Answering phone calls on the Incredible is easy, just slide down to answer.
Droid.... slide right to answer. :)

zMd113

Reaction score
This guy must have messed with his setting without realizing it because NO phone is that complicated. Lol

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
This guy must have messed with his setting without realizing it because NO phone is that complicated. Lol
I agree. But I'm looking thru the phone settings and I can't seem to find anywhere that would cause this change.....

zMd113

Reaction score
Well on the HTC Incredible you can make it extremely hard to answer your phone because it allows you to customize your unlock screen. Meaning instead of sliding down by default, you could set it up to where you slide right, up, down, left. But you must to send it in 4 directions, obviously I don't use it because that would be crazy. Maybe the MOTO has something like that and most people don't know about. You can also set it to tactical feedback only, so when you slide it doesn't show any lines.

Last edited:

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
I am very frustrated after 3 weeks of owning my Droid. To answer the phone, I have to turn it on, move the green arrow & then press the picture of the caller.
That's definitely not normal. My Droid's screen activates for all incoming calls. All I have to do is slide the slider to answer. You should have your Droid checked out or swapped. Though it sounds like you picked the wrong device to begin with if you really dislike the physical keyboard that much.

When I upload a picture to my facebook, does that count as a text & pic or is it counted as time on the web?
It's data. Only SMS/MMS count as messages. There's no "time on the web". Minutes count for voice calls. Data is unlimited.

Then if I have to enter a number for a password, etc. I have to turn it back on, find the number pad & enter the number. What is with that?
Um, how exactly do you expect a password to work? You have to enter a password -- that's the point of having one. If you don't want one, then don't enable it.

Last edited:

love-my-droid

Reaction score
Try Tedd's Droid tools found in the market. Lets you use the camera button to answer the phone. Love It!