How do I access files on my PC from my phone?

jimmythegent

Reaction score
Anyone know this?

I remember that commercial, a Droid one, that shows people accessing there PCs with their phones (WITHOUT HAVING TO DOWNLOAD SOME 3RD PARTY COMMERCIAL BANNER RIDDLED APP)

Uhhhh, cant seem to do this on my phone. Lemme guess... they got rid of this feature right?

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
Anyone know this?

I remember that commercial, a Droid one, that shows people accessing there PCs with their phones (WITHOUT HAVING TO DOWNLOAD SOME 3RD PARTY COMMERCIAL BANNER RIDDLED APP)

Uhhhh, cant seem to do this on my phone. Lemme guess... they got rid of this feature right?
There is a couple of ways to do that...both require a 3rd party app, wifi and root. I use ES File Explore or WiFi File Transfer. Both are available in the Play Store. Motocast used to be available but that is not currently supported for the HD. The advantage of ES File Explorer is that it not only gives you access to your PC files, but it is a great file management app in all respects.

jojo_blu

Reaction score
I use pocket cloud app from my RAZR Maxx HD to my macbook. It will work for you.
Log me in is another app

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD using Droid Forums

jtc303

Reaction score
are you talking about unified remote?

||Speak of the Devil, and he shall appear...

OP
jimmythegent

jimmythegent

Reaction score
are you talking about unified remote?

||Speak of the Devil, and he shall appear...

No, doesnt anyone remember that commercial with the lighting storm? I think it was for the Droid Charge... and it shows a woman on her balcony using her phone to access files on her PC? They made it seem like it was a stock app...

Maybe they were just referring to the 4G?

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
ES File Explorer is fantastic and does not require root.
The commercial you saw was surely showing an app. That's never been a stock feature that I am aware of.

OP
jimmythegent

jimmythegent

Reaction score
There is a couple of ways to do that...both require a 3rd party app, wifi and root. I use ES File Explore or WiFi File Transfer. Both are available in the Play Store. Motocast used to be available but that is not currently supported for the HD. The advantage of ES File Explorer is that it not only gives you access to your PC files, but it is a great file management app in all respects.

I downloaded that app but wanted IP addresses and other stuff. Great app though! Ty

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
ES File Explorer is fantastic and does not require root.
The commercial you saw was surely showing an app. That's never been a stock feature that I am aware of.
Yes, you are right, it does not require root to run basic file management functions. However, it does have an option for rooted users that allows you to do file management, analysis and other functions that are not available in the not rooted version of the software. Either way, it is a very good file management, file transfer and overall app (rooted or not rooted).

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
I have a sweet little router with USB ports. Have a 600 GB drive hooked to it and use ES to browse and manage that. Works great for that. Laptop, PS3, iPad and Android stuff easily connects to it.