How come when you restart your phone....

hpNYR

Reaction score
It becomes much faster...and gradually begins to slow/lag at times as the day progresses...

anyone know? any ways to fix this or it's just the way it is...

Thanks a ton.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
It becomes much faster...and gradually begins to slow/lag at times as the day progresses...

Thanks a ton.

My first answer to you is are you running any task killers or antivirus? If you are I suggest you get rid of them.

It is a good idea to turn the Droid off every once in a while. I do so about every other day, it seems to allow the memory management to reorganize.

OP
H

hpNYR

Reaction score

Thanks a ton.

My first answer to you is are you running any task killers or antivirus? If you are I suggest you get rid of them.

It is a good idea to turn the Droid off every once in a while. I do so about every other day, it seems to allow the memory management to reorganize.
Yes, I have advance task killer. Why turn it off? what does it do?

Thanks.

tktouch12

Reaction score
i agree that turning it off every other day, or maybe even every morning is so helpful. it will be much more responsive. its not a huge problem, but i feel like it shouldnt need it. i'll do it though because it is helpful

and, dont use task killers because android will take care of your processes for you and when you use them it only messes with the system and confuses it. android doesnt need them, thats basically it.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Thanks a ton.

Yes, I have advance task killer. Why turn it off? what does it do?

Thanks.

What it does is interfere with the Droid managing it's own memory which can cause your phone to lag. Now you don't necessarily have to get rid of it completely just don't have it set up for any automatic tasks.

I had one for a while and I got rid of it. I just don't need it, Droid does a great job of managing it's memory. You can always kill an app if you want in your applications settings.

Check out this: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...-not-worry-about-apps-running-background.html

Rettocs

Reaction score
I have ATK, but I don't have it set to auto-kill. That is where the harm comes in. The only reason I use it is as a quick place to manually kill an app I am done with. Or every once in a while I will kill all my apps to simulate a phone restart.

JCo352

Reaction score
I have advanced task killer and my phones goes weeks at a time without a reboot.

OP
H

hpNYR

Reaction score
I have advanced task killer and my phones goes weeks at a time without a reboot.
Seems like you have a phone sent from God. Every little thing is flawless...quite interesting.

Anyways...I uninstalled task killer. If you want to stop things from running you go to manage apps, then filter running...then you force close whatever you want, correct?

OP
H

hpNYR

Reaction score

Thanks a ton.

Thanks for the help!

JCo352

Reaction score
Seems like you have a phone sent from God. Every little thing is flawless...quite interesting.

Anyways...I uninstalled task killer. If you want to stop things from running you go to manage apps, then filter running...then you force close whatever you want, correct?

I wouldn't say flawless(stupid video recording), but my phone lasts for weeks without a reboot, and so does many others. There was actually a thread made to show how many hours people have got up to without a reboot.