Daily Restarts?

Hooblaim

Reaction score
Is it just my droid or do other people need daily restarts or 2 xday restarts because after having my droid on for 40 hours up time it was getting slow then when I het the 108 hour mark youtube videos wouldn't even play they were way to laggy then I restarted and the same video was perfect. I am used to keeping my phone on 24/7 but I guess 1 restart a day won't hurt. Anyone else have this problem?

ConqSoft

Reaction score
Not me... Probably related to the quality/number of 3rd party apps you are using.

OP
H

Hooblaim

Reaction score
I only have a few apps that I don't even use and in advance task manager nothing else is running.

LordKastle

Reaction score
You should not have to perform daily restarts. Something must be draining your memory. I have never had a reason to restart besides one time a folder locking up. I am on 80+ hours now and the only reason why I restarted before was....well for fun.

shobe

Reaction score
I only have a few apps that I don't even use and in advance task manager nothing else is running.

I would start with removing the 3rd party apps that you installed and see what happens. I have had mine since the release date and have only rebooted a couple times and I use it 24x7.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
No problem here.

If you want to troubleshoot then remove the 3rd party apps. It doesn't matter if you have 1 or 100. It only takes 1 problem app.

darreno1

Reaction score
Not a problem here and I hardly ever kill tasks. If you're using a replacement home screen and a bunch of widgets I could easily see where things can slow down after a while.

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I find

I haven't had to restart but twice. I have had mine sine day 2. Now I do shut down at night. yes power off (I hate hearing the notifiaction at night). Maybe that's helped. Thouogh I find the the Droid is very very good on memory

JayMonster

Reaction score
My Droid has been shut down twice since Nov. 6th. Once to show off the boot up, and once for the 2.01 update. That is it.

As somebody properly emphasized, when removing apps, remember (or preferably start with) Advanced Task Killer. Unless you have a specific reason to kill a task, it is better to just let the OS handle the memory management.