How can I play music through my bluetooth with my samsung Fascinate ?

WoZzY

The GRD Dev Team
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
How can I play music through my bluetooth with my samsung Fascinate ?

My blutooth is new bought it through verizon its a LG BLUETOOTH MONO HEADSET HBM-230

eodlrd

Reaction score
Your headset needs to support ad2p. If it does not, then you won't be able to play your tunes through it.

Most bluetooth headsets sold for handsfree use (the single ear type that have been around awhile) do not support ad2p.

There are a ton of bluetooth stereo headsets out there that support streaming media.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

KeepItReal

Reaction score
The motorola h17 will do talk and text and play music. To get the music to play through the h17, I had to turn the checkmark off for the 'silent mode' in the sound & display setting. It worked for the music player and pandora. I do not own one, I set it up for another person. There is a great Jawbone Hero on sale at Verizon till 12/31 that says it talks and text and music too for $ 69.99! Would LOVE to know if this one works. Usually they are $ 100.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

rlburt

Reaction score
pandora

The motorola h17 will do talk and text and play music. To get the music to play through the h17, I had to turn the checkmark off for the 'silent mode' in the sound & display setting. It worked for the music player and pandora. I do not own one, I set it up for another person. There is a great Jawbone Hero on sale at Verizon till 12/31 that says it talks and text and music too for $ 69.99! Would LOVE to know if this one works. Usually they are $ 100.

I've got the fascinate and the H17 and mine will not play music even with the silent mode turned off. I called Motorola and they said the Fascinate is not set up to play music through Bluetooth.

KeepItReal

Reaction score
Hmmm...it worked when I set it up for someone else. When playing mp3's through the Music Player, WHILE playing a song, your have to select the menu, then Via Bluetooth. Pandora recognized the bluetooth if one is present. Also check in your system settings under Sound and Display and make sure your Media Volume its high enough. When I unchecked the Silent Mode, music played through the H17.

Jamis0n

Reaction score
Many issues with the Bluetooth will be fixed with froyo.

8pened!

KeepItReal

Reaction score
Wanted to open this up again, as I am listening to music on my Fascinate from both Pandora and the stock Music Player on my just acquired Motorola H17. I am running stock 2.1. Now....how did I get there? Out of the box, after charging for two hours plus, I pair with the Fascinate. No music. Discovered long hold on Motorola H17 in bluetooth settings gets another menu that has OPTIONS! But still the 3rd submenu after pressing Options was Media ' use for media audio' would not stay checked. Hmmmm...paired it with my Droid X, worked fine. Read how to do a factory reset on the H17 (press and hold volume up/down with call answer button for 10 seconds) re-paired with the Fascinate and miracle of miracles, music! I can pair the 2nd device, Droid X, they just both can not share the audio. I can turn off the bluetooth audio setting on the Fascinate and turn it on the Droid X to play music on the Droid X and vice versa. Look out music and audio books, at last!!!

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums

CTSII

Reaction score
My pioneer head unit does not support A2DP. This unit does everything else... Movies, view and controls ipod, SD card, etc. So, if I want to listen to Pandora I have to connect through an aux cord. I HATE WIRES!!! I noticed that while I was talking on the phone, through my BT connection, The video that I was watching, using internet, could be heard through my speakers! Which finally leads me to my question. Is there a way to trick my phone, or BT receiver, into playing all sound from the phone through my BT connection? This is my first post... Not sure to whom I should be asking..

Sent from my Thunderbolt using DroidForums

celloshred

Reaction score
I've had H17s for a few years (replaced 1-2 when lost since theyre pretty small when folded up). I was ALWAYS able to play music/stream audio (from Hulu, Netflix, Google Music, anything) until this new replacement. I tried the factor reset, but nothing. In the device setup I ONLY have a "Phone audio" profile whereas my previous H17's also had "Media audio".

I cannot for the life of me figure out how to re-add this.

Any suggestions? Factory reset did NOT work.

Thank you:frown:

Wanted to open this up again, as I am listening to music on my Fascinate from both Pandora and the stock Music Player on my just acquired Motorola H17. I am running stock 2.1. Now....how did I get there? Out of the box, after charging for two hours plus, I pair with the Fascinate. No music. Discovered long hold on Motorola H17 in bluetooth settings gets another menu that has OPTIONS! But still the 3rd submenu after pressing Options was Media ' use for media audio' would not stay checked. Hmmmm...paired it with my Droid X, worked fine. Read how to do a factory reset on the H17 (press and hold volume up/down with call answer button for 10 seconds) re-paired with the Fascinate and miracle of miracles, music! I can pair the 2nd device, Droid X, they just both can not share the audio. I can turn off the bluetooth audio setting on the Fascinate and turn it on the Droid X to play music on the Droid X and vice versa. Look out music and audio books, at last!!!

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums

shags68

Reaction score
Same exact issue

I've had H17s for a few years (replaced 1-2 when lost since theyre pretty small when folded up). I was ALWAYS able to play music/stream audio (from Hulu, Netflix, Google Music, anything) until this new replacement. I tried the factor reset, but nothing. In the device setup I ONLY have a "Phone audio" profile whereas my previous H17's also had "Media audio".

I cannot for the life of me figure out how to re-add this.

Any suggestions? Factory reset did NOT work.

Thank you:frown:

were you able to pair it with audio. I have the same exact history and current isue. it makes no sense. Im sending it back today if I dont resolve it. I have the galaxy s3. I used to have the H17, now have the H17txt. Cant understand why the updated model will not pair with media. No media profile option in bluetooth settings.