How can I add .mp3's manually?

JCthrills

Reaction score
I want to move a bunch of .mp3's from my laptop to my droid. attempt number one failed. I just tried to copy/paste on to the SD card in the iMusic folder where I found a bunch of songs that I downloaded via iMusic. Well, when I put the card back in my phone I can't seem to find the stuff I copy/pasted in. Is it as simple as I put them in the wrong folder? (I hope)

C3-PO

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG V20
mount the drive

Not sure if this helps. I always just connect it to my computer using the usb cable and then mounting it by selecting mount in the notification area. Then you can view it in Explorer (assuming you're using Windows) After that, I just drag and drop what I want into a music folder that I created. I have music in different places on my card and the music player has never had a problem finding them all.

gentlefury

Reaction score
Not sure if this helps. I always just connect it to my computer using the usb cable and then mounting it by selecting mount in the notification area. Then you can view it in Explorer (assuming you're using Windows) After that, I just drag and drop what I want into a music folder that I created. I have music in different places on my card and the music player has never had a problem finding them all.

Same on mac and linux. It just mounts it as a usb drive.

Create a folder called Music then have a folder for artist a folder for album then your mp3s music player will take all the info into account and play the music in there.

OP
J

JCthrills

Reaction score
Thanks, I knew I was over thinking the process. Now I just need to re-tag a couple thousand songs...

SirSyeco

Reaction score
Save you're self some time now and go ahead and setup some folders while connected to your pc.

On your SDcard's, setup the following folders:
Media>Audio>Alarms
>MP3s
>Notifications
>Ringtones
>Video

Let me know if that makes sense. Then just add your MP3's/sub folders to the Media>Audio>MP3s folder

Most of the apps that look for the files will look in these default folders.