How are these people getting linpack scores of 20+?

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I used to hover around 10 with CM 5.0.7.1 clocked to 1200 but now get around an average of 18 with froyo overclocked to 1200mhz

This would make sense as to why people are able to get such rediculous scores. I knew they had to be cheating somehow but couldnt figure it out. the only thing I wonder about is when they use the emulator on their pc how do they get linpack to think it's a droid?

the same way you can run osx and linux under windows using emulation software like VMware or Virtualbox.... the software emulates the hardware to allow you to install a rom on a virtual system on a PC.

heres some more info on it Android Emulator | Android Developers

The Android emulator mimics all of the hardware and software features of a typical mobile device, except that it can not receive or place actual phone calls. It provides a variety of navigation and control keys, which you can "press" using your mouse or keyboard to generate events for your application. It also provides a screen in which your application is displayed, together with any other Android applications running.

I understand that. I have played around with the emulator a bit before. The thing that I don't understand is how linpack can tell the difference between whether it's a droid, or a nexus1, or a hero, etc. The only way I can see this being done is if you replaced the system.img from your emulator daemon with the one from your specific phone model (though i don't know if this is possible to make work). Anyways it doesn't really matter how they get the phone model to show up, the point is that these people are generating fake linpack scores...

you can load a custom rom in the emulator i would imagine it gets the device information from that.

trumpet444

Reaction score
i'm hovering around high 15's. cant seem to break 16, close though. i just have leaked froyo rom w/ P3's 1gz standard voltage. i'd love to be able to get high 40's and break into 50 like the top ten have. 100 is impossible whoever scored that. calls himself "pwned"

Beno

Reaction score
Droid with recent update to birdman's FLY 0.6 Froyo Rom (stock look) with jdlfg's 1.1ghz kernel and ADW launcher getting consistent high 16's and low 17's. Got a 1596 on Quadrant. SOOOOO fast it's awesome, like a new device!! Now if only more apps could be transferred to SD. 256mb internal? What is this 2005?

xXbrick84Xx

Reaction score
Weird, I max out at 18.547 on Linpack...... Moto Droid running BBv0.1 with 1.2Ghz Kernel...... I'd say Froyo gives it most of the speed. Also got a 1648 on quadrant :)

STIDRIVER

Reaction score
Running Kangerade with P3 1250 kernal... getting low 19's Linpack and high 1500's (best 1640) on Quadrant....

clucernoni

Reaction score
Hit 19.6 in linpack and 1700 in quandrant running just the basic froyo with 1.2GHz kernal

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
check these scores out.... nexus one with stock 2.2 is getting high 30's with no overclocking..

[video=youtube;utnYpybdIKo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utnYpybdIKo]YouTube - Android benchmark test[/video]

gatewayad

Reaction score
It is very weird some of those high scores, I just posted a 19.543 and my score was 5016th of all devices. Ha!

Also why are the milestones scores so low?

Last edited:

JohnnyDepth

Reaction score
Here's a good one for you guys, see if this makes sense.
The only *tweak* I've done is change the stagefright player value to =false (Pandora)

I have a Moto Droid 1
Bugless Beast v0.4 2.2 Froyo FRF84B
P3's *Low* voltage 250min 1200max kernel

................Clocked to 1.0ghz (SetuCPU).........Clocked to 1.2ghz
LinkPack............18.796.......................................18.928
Quadrant..............687..........................................808

I don't get why the Quadrant value is so low?
My battery was at 20% capacity but other than that, huh?