How are Apps backed up?

Leckert123

Reaction score
Coming from an iPhone, that device had all of my apps synced to iTunes. So, if the device got lost or reset or whatever or had to be replaced, I only had to hook up the new device to my PC, and after a sync, all of my original apps and their settings showed up on the new device.

I have not noticed my Droid apps being backed up to either Google or Motorola Media Link.

Does the Android Market somehow remember what apps I have?

silenceforus

Reaction score
Well I just had my first droid replaced. The second one was fresh and they just activated it for service, and stuck my old 16 gig sd card and everything was there. Apps, contacts, contact icons. The only thing was I had to go through and redo my preferences for the apps. But I didn't have to redownload anything!

OP
L

Leckert123

Reaction score
Yup, everything is saved to the SD card. That is a good point, which I guess I knew. But we don't normally sync the stuff on the SD card, right?

So, if the phone was lost or stolen, I guess you have to start from scratch?

Reaction score
Your ownership of any apps your have is associated with your Google Checkout account. If you get a new phone, simply sign-in to the Android Market with your Google Checkout account and it will download your apps.

I replaced my Droid last week and I did not keep the old SD card. My apps were all there when I went to use them.

SoftwareForMe.com
Makers of PhoneMyPC

OP
L

Leckert123

Reaction score
Even the free apps that you didn't need to purchase?