How about some FM Radio Goodness??

Bear in NM

Reaction score
I have attached to this thread the working FM radio application that came via a thread in the D3 subforum to the actual file on XDA. That is where the credit is due.
This is the XDA thread, I snagged the program back when it was posted, as I was sure it would work on the Bionic, and it does, beautifully.Fm radio for the Droid 3 - xda-developers

If you check in the D3 forums you will find all kinds of goodies, by and large, including the thread that I linked out to XDA from.

To install:

The attached file is NOT a .zip file. I renamed the FMRadio.apk to FMRadio.zip to attach here. Simply rename to FMRadio.apk. I put it on my sd card (sd-ext) and used Root Explorer to install. Long press, and choose to install. You can try which ever file manager program you like, I am sure.

To get it to function, you need earbuds or an external speaker plugged into your 3.5mm headphone jack. The phone needs this for an antenna. It is working fine on my Bionic.

Craig

OP
B

Bear in NM

Reaction score
Bitte....

Craig

(ps my German is very rusty)

Reaction score
Damnit! Any way to get this to work sans headphones?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

txrover

Reaction score
Direct install...

BTW, if you rename the file to the .apk as noted and email it to yourself (I used my gmail), you can install directly from email! Works great, can't believe they didn't include this!!!

ConqSoft

Reaction score
I was able to download directly from here using Tapatalk and used the included file manager to rename it.