FM Radio for your Verizon One M8

DesktopDevin

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
I found this puppy over on XDA Forums and thought I would share it here. It is the apk for the HTC Radio app which lets you receive FM radio on your One M8.

Apparently Verizon stripped this from the M8 Image but they did not de-activate the hardware, In order for it to work though you have to have a set of earbuds/headphones plugged into the headphone jack as it uses the wire for an antenna and it does not need to be rooted for it to work! Just unzip and install the apk.

Attachments

• FM_Radio.zip
    448.5 KB · Views: 4,248

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
That's pretty cool. I've never understood why U.S. phones have the radio feature disabled.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Because they are stupid. Having a radio chip is awesome. I wish my phone had one. I do have an old HTC Evo 3D that has a radio.

Sent from my Droid Turbo on Tapatalk.

OP
DesktopDevin

DesktopDevin

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Because they are stupid. Having a radio chip is awesome. I wish my phone had one. I do have an old HTC Evo 3D that has a radio.

Sent from my Droid Turbo on Tapatalk.

It is pretty stupid as in the case of an emergency and the data network is down... with the radio app you still have the ability to listen to a station that is transmitting on the emergency broadcast system.

I think it should be mandatory to have this ability on all phones as it serves a good purpose for public safety in the case of a local/national emergency.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
That's pretty cool. I've never understood why U.S. phones have the radio feature disabled.
FM radio has free unlimited usage. Data allotments do not.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

Powarun

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Wish I knew this previously, would of saved me $2 from renting a radio from the drive in last summer. I somehow broke the radio feature in my car and don't ever use it except for that one time.