Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb

appirishmen

Reaction score
how can i upload vids and pics on here from my droid. im going to be testing it at a football game this Saturday to see how it works. i can post one or two on here?

SwordOfWar

Reaction score
*** WARNING: This whole post is about Akita dogs, skip this if you want to read more about DROID/Pictures/Video ***

And a video of the boy fishing this morning

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXRE_NaFC3k

Is that an Akita? I have that same kind of dog as well =]

Yes, he's a male akita. i would never own another breed of dog, best dogs n the world IMHO.

I've read a lot of good and bad things about them. They are strong and can be very aggressive and territorial in nature.

I'm not sure if I would trust my akita around any other animals (especially smaller ones) or young children/babies.

She will take any chance she can get to kill chickens, birds etc. I have had her for many years, and she has once attacked a puppy that wondered into my yard from somewhere. I introduced her to my newest pet puppy about 2 years ago and at first she would try to attack it when I was not close by. I had to whip her good a few times when she tried to do it, before she eventually accepted the new puppy. They might mess with each other a little every now and then, but she doesn't bite the other dog (probably because she knows I would punish her again).

She can also be VERY stubborn. She is smart though. One time I was outside and I was calling her to me so I could give her a treat I had in my hand. I said it with a nice cheerful voice, several times but she just shook her tail and stared at me. I then lowered my tone considerably and she immediately came to me. So, it just shows that this type of breed (or atl east my dog) is very intelligent but you have to be firm with them if you expect them to listen to you at all. That could be said for a lot of dogs, but dogs I have had in the past years have never had that problem. Usually when I'm cheerful they are willing to listen to me. Maybe this one is just lazy, haha :p

Other than those concerns, the dog is very playful and really nice. She dies for attention all the time. Always comes to me putting her head under any available hand to pet her, lol. She has no problems with family members she is familiar with. You can touch her dog food and everything and she won't try to bite you. She will try to lay her head on it to prevent you from grabbing it though.

Sorry for going off topic, but your the first person I have talked with who has this breed. They are a wonderful breed. Really loyal and loving to their masters.

OP
R

Ridley

Reaction score
My boy is highly trained and well socialized. I trust him in every situation. He wont even chase the wild rabbits in my yard unless I give him the OK and will them break the chase on command. He is stubborn, but not as stubborn as I am. Akitas will test even the most dilligent owner.

Here's my boy playing with girlfriend Oki. I rescued Oki from a bad scene and trained her and then my neighbors adopted her from me. She loves cats and dogs and is great with children of all ages.
f4.jpg

f5.jpg

soba1

Reaction score
*** WARNING: This whole post is about Akita dogs, skip this if you want to read more about DROID/Pictures/Video ***

Is that an Akita? I have that same kind of dog as well =]

Yes, he's a male akita. i would never own another breed of dog, best dogs n the world IMHO.

I've read a lot of good and bad things about them. They are strong and can be very aggressive and territorial in nature.

I'm not sure if I would trust my akita around any other animals (especially smaller ones) or young children/babies.

She will take any chance she can get to kill chickens, birds etc. I have had her for many years, and she has once attacked a puppy that wondered into my yard from somewhere. I introduced her to my newest pet puppy about 2 years ago and at first she would try to attack it when I was not close by. I had to whip her good a few times when she tried to do it, before she eventually accepted the new puppy. They might mess with each other a little every now and then, but she doesn't bite the other dog (probably because she knows I would punish her again).

She can also be VERY stubborn. She is smart though. One time I was outside and I was calling her to me so I could give her a treat I had in my hand. I said it with a nice cheerful voice, several times but she just shook her tail and stared at me. I then lowered my tone considerably and she immediately came to me. So, it just shows that this type of breed (or atl east my dog) is very intelligent but you have to be firm with them if you expect them to listen to you at all. That could be said for a lot of dogs, but dogs I have had in the past years have never had that problem. Usually when I'm cheerful they are willing to listen to me. Maybe this one is just lazy, haha :p

Other than those concerns, the dog is very playful and really nice. She dies for attention all the time. Always comes to me putting her head under any available hand to pet her, lol. She has no problems with family members she is familiar with. You can touch her dog food and everything and she won't try to bite you. She will try to lay her head on it to prevent you from grabbing it though.

Sorry for going off topic, but your the first person I have talked with who has this breed. They are a wonderful breed. Really loyal and loving to their masters.

Niiiiice Akita.
Well I agree with what a lot of what u say great dogs.
U know thoough I would feel more at ease around an Akita than a pit.
Great dogs very intelligent

TheShaz

Reaction score
My brother had an Akita - was killed by a Rattlesnake back in the 90's. :(

You are correct, very head strong breed.

On a happier note... Ordered the DROID today :icon_ banana:

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Quick ques... for those of you posting wallpapers... what do you use to size the wallpaper images to the needed 960 x 854? (program?)

JimMariner

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 64G

Dukefrukem

Reaction score
The quality of my shots don't look as good as the ones already posted... thoughts??

appirishmen

Reaction score
video from the game

[video=youtube;MZFbGQ0iWH8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZFbGQ0iWH8[/video]

it records audio really well. i was surprised!

Last edited: