Houston we have a problem... New user hopefully easy fix

dougc

Reaction score
Hi All,

I look forward to helping you and helping me navigate the DROID. I have the Motorola.

Somehow I ended up with three "Browser" Globe Icons on my Home screen. They all go to the same place...

I can't figure out how to delete the two extra one?

Also I see below "trackback" What is that??

Any help is certainly appreciated !!

Thanks,

Doug

griz8791

Reaction score
Doug:

When in doubt on this device, press and hold.

Specifically, press and hold the icon you are trying to delete. You will see the "up" arrow at the bottom of the screen (which is really the handle for the application drawer) turn into a trash can icon. Without releasing the icon you are trying to delete, drag it down onto the trash can. When the trash can icon turns red, you can let go of the icon you are dragging down there and it will delete.

This only clears icons off your home screen. It doesn't uninstall the program.

OP
D

dougc

Reaction score
Doug:

When in doubt on this device, press and hold.

Specifically, press and hold the icon you are trying to delete. You will see the "up" arrow at the bottom of the screen (which is really the handle for the application drawer) turn into a trash can icon. Without releasing the icon you are trying to delete, drag it down onto the trash can. When the trash can icon turns red, you can let go of the icon you are dragging down there and it will delete.

This only clears icons off your home screen. It doesn't uninstall the program.
griz8791

Thanks so much for the quick reply... Worked perfectly !! I appreciate the "when in doubt" comment as well...

All the best for a good day !!!

Doug