Hotspot hack not working with 5.7.893??

cthebadge38

Reaction score
Hey guys. I installed the 5.7.893 OTA update after using for3v3r root. Worked like a charm and never lost root. However, the hotspot hack is not working. Tried to connect to the xbox 360 with no luck. Giving me an error message that's saying it "can't find my IP address." Thought it may just be the hotspot hack but I also downloaded barnacle wifi and open garden and i'm getting the same message with them as well. Sounds like something simple. Anyone else having this issue? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OP
cthebadge38

cthebadge38

Reaction score
Yup. I tried it with security enabled and open. I just flashed back to stock and it works fine again. Anybody else have this problem with the update...?

OP
cthebadge38

cthebadge38

Reaction score
Well, I got bored and tried the update again. I changed the hotspot IP address from 192.168.42.2 to 192.168.22.2 and went from channel 6 to channel 1. Everything works fine now. Not sure what the difference was but hope it helps someone if you have the same issue.

tmotts

Reaction score
i am on 5.7.893 it worked for me with not issues it also work on 5.5.893

OP
cthebadge38

cthebadge38

Reaction score
So...that was short lived. Once again I started getting the error message it couldn't find my IP address. I wiped my phone and went back to stock. Started working again no problems. Then I did the update again and it stopped working again. Don't have a clue why I seem to be the only one with this issue.