Barnacle Wifi Hotspot cannot be seen by another Droid

amn70

Reaction score
I rooted my Droid 2 recently and installed Barnacle Wifi Hotspot which has been working great with my laptop and such but my friend with a Droid 1 tried to connect to my Droids when I had Barnacle enabled but his phone would not pick up Barnacles SSID. I even tried to have him add the SSID manually and his phone still couldn't find it. But it was showing up fine in my laptops list of wireless connections. It was like his Droid wifi was blocked from seeing it. Is there something built in the hotspot hardware of the Droid 2 or in Barnacle itself that prevents other Droids from seeing or connecting to another Droid running its wireless hotspot?

sc4fpse

Reaction score
I rooted my Droid 2 recently and installed Barnacle Wifi Hotspot which has been working great with my laptop and such but my friend with a Droid 1 tried to connect to my Droids when I had Barnacle enabled but his phone would not pick up Barnacles SSID. I even tried to have him add the SSID manually and his phone still couldn't find it. But it was showing up fine in my laptops list of wireless connections. It was like his Droid wifi was blocked from seeing it. Is there something built in the hotspot hardware of the Droid 2 or in Barnacle itself that prevents other Droids from seeing or connecting to another Droid running its wireless hotspot?

The Droid isn't able to connect to Ad Hoc networks, which is what the wireless tether creates. Your laptop can, which is why it can detect and connect to the network.

You can create an Ad Hoc network with the Droid, but you won't be able to see or connect to any others.