Hot phone

LuckyLittleFoot

Reaction score
When my phone charges it gets REALLY hot, not warm but hot. When not charging it gets warm. The battery is cool but everything above the battery is hot. Am I the only Fascinate owner with this issue? I really don't want to have to exchange my phone but this heat issue worries me. The phone even gave me a message that the battery was hot but it's not the battery.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

OP
LuckyLittleFoot

LuckyLittleFoot

Reaction score
I thought it was my case I have for it or the battery but when I took the back off, the battery was cool. I did drop my phone because of how hot it was, I touched the camera & it was really hot. I'm worried that if I take it & exchange it, the next one will have the same issue.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Its the CPU. How often do you reboot? Do you exit apps by using the home key or back key?

DroidForums junkie!!

ypsichick

Reaction score
Western KY and W. Los Angeles 3 miles from the bea
DROID does... I had a factory reset Saturday, reinstalled my apps, use adv task killer to close apps when I'm finished I do use the back key a lot, but not to close, changed charging cables too. Still the same results, overheated phone. I'm having the phone replaced because it is not receiving or ringing through my calls after 3 tech support calls since Saturday and moving up the chain of command. This will be my 3rd replacement.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Ditch the Task Killer, its not needed. "Tech support" are typically idiots too! Just always use back and reboot once a day.
Define "not to close" if you don't mind..

DROID does... I had a factory reset Saturday, reinstalled my apps, use adv task killer to close apps when I'm finished I do use the back key a lot, but not to close, changed charging cables too. Still the same results, overheated phone. I'm having the phone replaced because it is not receiving or ringing through my calls after 3 tech support calls since Saturday and moving up the chain of command. This will be my 3rd replacement.

DroidForums junkie!!

ypsichick

Reaction score
So the task killer really doesn't help save battery life? And is overheating my phone? I asked the Tech supervisor today how many times will theu. Keep giving me refurbished phones before they will finally give me a new one, since I once paid top-dollar for my "new" original? Lol never

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Not at all. They cause more problems than anything. Ever noticed when you kill the apps, they open back up? All explained in the link I just posted. Android manages tasks on its own already.

So the task killer really doesn't help save battery life? And is overheating my phone? I asked the Tech supervisor today how many times will theu. Keep giving me refurbished phones before they will finally give me a new one, since I once paid top-dollar for my "new" original? Lol never

DroidForums junkie!!

GT944

Reaction score
Are you using a case of any sort, by chance? Does it get hot when its sitting idle as well?

Sent from my ADR6300

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Sorry, should've told you to reboot after uninstalling the Task Killer! :(
They'll get warm (especially with browsing, YouTube, etc) but should never get HOT! Try the reboot and see if that helps you any.

Dumped the task killer and phone started to cool down almost immediately, but once I started reading you blog and reviewing some of the comments and links its started to heat up again...?

DroidForums junkie!!

OP
LuckyLittleFoot

LuckyLittleFoot

Reaction score
Are you using a case of any sort, by chance? Does it get hot when its sitting idle as well?

Sent from my ADR6300

Yes, I'm using a case. It doesn't get hot while idle.

ypsichick

Reaction score
I took off the cover and do not keep it in a case when using, but since restarting and uninstalling the task killer it has cooled way down even when using and my battery today is like, wow! Still full.

The task killer worked well before the 2.0 update but what a difference it makes taking it off since the update.

Thank you so much.