Hot dead battery in 5 hours

davidnrobin

Reaction score
I have had the Droid Eris for a couple months without problems. For the last couple of days my battery last 5 hours WITHOUT using the phone and the phone is very hot. Anyone else had that problem?? Do I just need a replacement battery?

theXeffect

Reaction score
I have had the Droid Eris for a couple months without problems. For the last couple of days my battery last 5 hours WITHOUT using the phone and the phone is very hot. Anyone else had that problem?? Do I just need a replacement battery?

are you using a custom rom.....if u r thats y because something might be wrong with it...

SandsUSA

Reaction score
Check your Settings / About Phone / Battery Use and see what is consuming your battery. I once found my Calendar Widget 3x2 was locked up once and just chewing up the battery. I restarted the app, and all was well again.

Crondar

Reaction score
He can't be using a custom rom, as he has the Eris and that has not been rooted yet...sadly.:mad:

Also, if you haven't tried it, try what Sands USA said and also try a reboot if you haven't done that already.

WRXtra

Reaction score
I had a problem with my battery not lasting a full day with very little use when the phone was brand new. So I downloaded the advanced task killer app and since my battery life has been way better and the phone runs faster

illmatic636

Reaction score
check that your sync accounts are set up correctly. Sounds like you could be in a constant sync loop thing a ma jiggie. lol...