Hope For Future HTC Devices & ROMs

WenWM

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
[video=youtube;piyJ_e1nZC0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=piyJ_e1nZC0[/video]

If you're new to the world of Android, you might not know Cyanogen (which I came from Windows Phone, but still knew him). Well regardless if you know him, just keep this in mind, he is the biggest and greatest hacker we have seen in the Android world. He managed to do what might have seemed to be the impossible, and hacked his T-mobile G2 to run his CM6. He did this with a new method that seems extremely complicated to explain, so I will just let you read it yourself:

Booted CM on my G2 in the most horrible way possible. ... Basically what I'm doing is temprooting and rebooting all of userspace with CM on the sdcard

This means that future HTC devices that will come to Verizon might be saved by Cyanogen, and we will not have to be stuck in the world of stock ROMs like we were in iPhone universe.

Does this give you a little relief knowning that your next device will not have too much of a problem (hopefully).

News Via: AndroidCentral

UNC

Reaction score
So he's dualbooting to an OS entirely on the sdcard?

I think I understand, and cyanogen is definitely the best... but.... this could kill your sdcard quickly, couldn't it?

droidman101

Reaction score
Well, this could be interesting... but it won't be like this for long, since they have an unlocked bootloader that can access that stupid system cache, so they could probly mod it or disable it and have a real root or something

OP
W

WenWM

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Great news for HTC users. But is cyanogen ever going to come to the DX?
Hopefully, but I mean it really does not need him.
But my G2 needs Sense UI bad!!

If your new to the word of Android

That should be "you're", not "your".

I let him slide on that.....

In the same sentence he said "word" instead of "World".

I think it's ESL.
I cannot believe I missed that one when I was checking over. I guess that joke that if the word your thinking of has the same first and last letter of what you see, it will become it in your mind.... Weird.

Ya, thanks for the tip.

UNC

Reaction score
Great news for HTC users. But is cyanogen ever going to come to the DX?
Hopefully, but I mean it really does not need him.
But my G2 needs Sense UI bad!!

I let him slide on that.....

In the same sentence he said "word" instead of "World".

I think it's ESL.
I cannot believe I missed that one when I was checking over. I guess that joke that if the word your thinking of has the same first and last letter of what you see, it will become it in your mind.... Weird.

Ya, thanks for the tip.

Too early for you?
What about my comment? Won't this eat up your SD Card?

RemyL75

Reaction score
My friend just got her G2 today. Was looking into root and the progress that cyanogen has been making. He will get there, he always does. It will just take time.

LOL @ Engrish.

As for dual-booting the Android OS from an SD Card, this isn't really new at all, as some of the Devs over in XDA forum have managed to do the same thing on several HTC phones running Windows Mobile. They even managed to get it working for the ole AT&T Tilt.