honestly im not liking this phone much

JimmyJ35

Reaction score
All of Verizons phones are limited to 160 characters per txt, if you have more than that then it will split it up into multiple txts...live with it.

You CAN send mass txt, go into the messanger > new message > enter in your first contact by phone number or by entering the first few letters of their name, after done with the first contact then a comma will appear, enter in your second contact, then your third contact, and etc. After you are done entering in all of you contacts then go ahead and send the message. From now on that "group" will be saved in your messages threads so you can send more messages to the same people.

The manual can be found online.

I did this and for some reason only certain names will show up when I type in the first few letters of a name.

Does anyone know some do populate and some don't? Oh and there are far more names that don't show up than do.

bossrogue

Reaction score
I'm with the majority..........try Handcent out. It can do all that for you! You can always try ChompSMS as well. Myself personally, I prefer Handcent though! It's got a lot more options.

Arkainzeye

Reaction score
All of Verizons phones are limited to 160 characters per txt, if you have more than that then it will split it up into multiple txts...live with it.

You CAN send mass txt, go into the messanger > new message > enter in your first contact by phone number or by entering the first few letters of their name, after done with the first contact then a comma will appear, enter in your second contact, then your third contact, and etc. After you are done entering in all of you contacts then go ahead and send the message. From now on that "group" will be saved in your messages threads so you can send more messages to the same people.

you mean too send a Mass text message you have to add each person one by now and not just check mark a name in a list? and press send?

Arkainzeye

Reaction score

I did this and for some reason only certain names will show up when I type

in the first few letters of a name.

Does anyone know some do populate and some don't? Oh and there are far more names that don't show up than do.

I HAVE that same problem ONLY some names will show up and NOT all.. i have no idea why..

RJP3579

Reaction score
I just installed the Handcent app and I like it... :icon_ banana:
It also changed the led color... Very customizable!!

Last edited:

kujio

Reaction score

I HAVE that same problem ONLY some names will show up and NOT all.. i have no idea why..

Check the contacts that dont show up, and make sure the type beside their number is set to Mobile, and not something else.

JLB09

Reaction score
I think it's important to remember that as a phone the Droid is excellent. The clarity is amazing on my side - like a land line. People never know I'm on a cell.

Other than that the Droid really is a computer. Treat is that way and you'll be fine. Just like on any other computer you download applications and buy them.

I learn from people on this forum all the time. The Droid is awesome.

what an excellent post. It amazes me some of the complaints about the Droid. It is such an excellent phone. The quality is amazing. Plus as a computer it is quite functional. some of the small stuff in between almost seems like nit picking.

bmore

Reaction score
Some people can ***** about anything, usually those people are woman but I guess not in this case.

CDB

Reaction score

Check the contacts that dont show up, and make sure the type beside their number is set to Mobile, and not something else.

Like is being stated here, when you start typing someones name in the messenger app, the ONLY names that will show up are names that have a mobile phone number. Why? Because it wouldn't make sense to list land-line numbers...you can't send a text them.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
what an excellent post. It amazes me some of the complaints about the Droid. It is such an excellent phone. The quality is amazing. Plus as a computer it is quite functional. some of the small stuff in between almost seems like nit picking.

That's exactly right. I say give those people a month with the Blackberry Storm and then lets see what they have to nit pick about.

bossrogue

Reaction score

That's exactly right. I say give those people a month with the Blackberry Storm and then lets see what they have to nit pick about.

I had the BlackBerry Storm 2 for 2 weeks, I was done after 2 weeks. I love my Droid.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score

I had the BlackBerry Storm 2 for 2 weeks, I was done after 2 weeks. I love my Droid.
I had the Storm for 11 months... so basically I had a Storm 2 for 11 months :)
I don't miss BB at all. And I'm noticing more and more each day how far behind RIM is because my girlfriend still has her BB and it's junk in comparison to the Droid :icon_ devil:

normwerner

Reaction score
High learning curve

I can understand the original author's feelings. I too came off a simple flip phone and found the Droid to be initially quite daunting. Like most airplane crashes, most problems that I initially had with my Droid were cases of pilot error - I flew it into the ground. I will admit that I too was frustrated by the lack of any user's manuel with the phone, but I like to tinker, so I figured it out.

As I've learned and loaded more apps (now over 40) I've come to appreciate what a stong underlying compute platform is there. I've been associated with computers in one capacity or another for longer than most in this forum have likely been alive, so I have a perspective on how far we've come and a bit of wonder at holding in my hand a computing system that is way more powerful the the first room-size systems that I worked on.

Sure there are things that I wish were a bit different, but the Verizon network dictates some of that and the relatrive newness of the platform contributes some. It will only get better over time.

Norm
:motdroidhoriz:

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I had the Storm for 11 months... so basically I had a Storm 2 for 11 months :)
I don't miss BB at all. And I'm noticing more and more each day how far behind RIM is because my girlfriend still has her BB and it's junk in comparison to the Droid :icon_ devil:

Don't mean to go off topic here but I had the Storm for 11 months and BB Storm 2 for about 3 weeks. 2 of them. Better then the Storm but no Droid.