Im a new Droid owner...Converted from BB

~Sweet Sarah Beth~

Reaction score
Hmmmm.... I'm Sarah Beth and hopefully I will soon have this phone mastered, ha ha. I feel so...lost....:byeBB:

Anyway... I am really enjoying everything on the phone except for how the texting processes seem to be working, I'm hoping I just haven't got it figured out yet.

:mad: Dont like how you have to go about selecting your text recipients, and how I cant differentiate between SMS and MMS messages, It dosent show how manny characters you have typed, Several times I have typed away and it apparently sent out as a MMS message or something because seems like some of the longer messages are not received???
I have no idea though...its probably just me...I am a little crazy :wacko:

:woot: I do love, however, how it shows your messages in threads so that you can see the entire conversation LOVE that!!

Last edited:

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Download Handcent. Best SMS app. Makes it so much more enjoyable.

... conversations are threaded.

... customize ringtone/ LED color for notification

... has an option so that you can text over 160 characters and Handcent will automatically split the message into multiple SMS. This is great cuz VZW sucks with their 160 limit. Won't send out as MMS unless it is more than 3 'breaks' I believe. (so 480+ characters)

... just make sure to disable notifications in the stock messaging or you'll get double alerts for every text!

Last edited:

JimMariner

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 64G
:icon_ banana: Welcome I'm Sarah Beth to DroidForums :icon_ banana:

We hope you like the Forums, thanks for starting to decorate it so nice with all your pictures :p Happy Gobble Day !!! And Have fun while you are here :icon_ devil:​

Last edited:
OP
~Sweet Sarah Beth~

~Sweet Sarah Beth~

Reaction score
thanks!! Great info, I was reading some reviews on that app, however I would not have known to turn off the notifications, Thanks :)

OP
~Sweet Sarah Beth~

~Sweet Sarah Beth~

Reaction score
Welcome to a whole new world Sarah Beth!

:icon_ banana: Welcome I'm Sarah Beth to DroidForums :icon_ banana:

We hope you like the Forums, thanks for starting to decorate it so nice with all your pictures :p Happy Gobble Day !!! And HAve fun while you are here :icon_ devil:

Same to you, Bout to stuff my face now :)

bbcrackman

Reaction score
Welcome to the world of Android! You will find endless possibilities and many great and knowledgeable people here to help you with anything you may need.

Happy Thanksgiving!!!!

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
bbcrackman? The infamous BB hybrid builder? LOL.... man you got me thru some tough times with my storm 1 !

tdawg5480

Reaction score
Download Handcent. Best SMS app. Makes it so much more enjoyable.

... conversations are threaded.

... customize ringtone/ LED color for notification

... has an option so that you can text over 160 characters and Handcent will automatically split the message into multiple SMS. This is great cuz VZW sucks with their 160 limit. Won't send out as MMS unless it is more than 3 'breaks' I believe. (so 480+ characters)

... just make sure to disable notifications in the stock messaging or you'll get double alerts for every text!

HAHA holding onto the Whalers huh? rather have them here then the Pats

tdawg5480

Reaction score
bbcrackman? The infamous BB hybrid builder? LOL.... man you got me thru some tough times with my storm 1 !

Glad I was able to help, and yes its me. No worries though I still have plenty of BB's too. Just walking on the Droid side too.

Hey your gonna be needed here *gets the chain n ball* kick azz on the bb side though but unless you can make my storm or any bb startup as fast as the droid Im staying put

Mojo

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! Its cool to see all the former bb users that have made the switch! I have seen quite a few names and faces that I know.