home screen won't go into lanscape.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Auto orientation is on, just did a hard reset too.. what gives? It works in apps, but not on home screen..

OP
Sam

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Bump. Anybody know what I can do?

Danthok

Reaction score
I think this is in the programming, mine does not do this either. If I slide out the keyboard it goes into landscape mode.

lefos

Reaction score
hmm

I had read somewhere else that this was an intentional thing. When you are looking at the home screen it is supposed to be easier if you are in portrait mode than in landscape mode. But if the keyboard is out it is forced to switch so you can read stuff.

Stigy

Reaction score
Home screen WILL NOT rotate via auto-rotate. It will only rotate when the physical keyboard is opened.

</thread>

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I do think this is something they are changing though, a simple feature such as auto-rotate should work on the home screen. It's not like the home screen can't rotate, it' just not set for auto-rotate, which would be a very simple fix.

Stigy

Reaction score
Well it has been this way since 1.1 so not sure if they are planning on making it a separate option because I wouldn't want my home screen to auto-rotate, but I like the other apps that do.

Only time will tell...

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Well it has been this way since 1.1 so not sure if they are planning on making it a separate option because I wouldn't want my home screen to auto-rotate, but I like the other apps that do.

Only time will tell...

It should at least be an option in the settings menu to allow for auto-rotate for home screen for those who want it.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
may cause a problem when a call comes through. That was a big issue with the Storm. Screen would freak out and the user would have to chase the "answer key" all over the place. (the hard send key didn't always work)

Maybe the OS can't handle all that info at once so they left it out? I don't know.....

I don't care one way or another though. I've adapted to it.

E

EntropikOne

=\ too bad, the samsung omnia (my previous phone) handled it very well with windows mobile....screen would auto-rotate to how ever you're holding it

OP
Sam

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ok, so its not supposed to and might never. Got it. Thanks for the replys!

Status
Not open for further replies.