Home Screen reset to default by itself

Remo3141

Reaction score
Today for no apparent reason, my home screen (all five pages) reverted to the default out-of-the-box appearance. All of the shortcuts and widgets I had added over the month I've had the phone were gone, including folders. All of my apps still exist. The wallpaper is still there, my favorites are still there and everything still works normally. The only other thing is my Gmail account was gone from the My Accounts list. Where did my home screens go, and can I get them back somehow?

My phone is very stock. It's not rooted, it has plenty of RAM and storage, and I don't use a third party home screen app. All of my apps are on the phone, not the SD card (I heard about those issues). Android Assistant is installed as my only utility app and has been working fine. When it happened I was doing nothing special, just reading emails. I put it in my pocket and five minutes later when I pulled it out and turned it on, everything was gone.

Any suggestions?

bwah20

Reaction score
I'm having the same issue, but on a razr. Started out as maybe once a month, then once a week, now hourly. Did you ever find a resolution for your bionic?

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I'm having the same issue, but on a razr. Started out as maybe once a month, then once a week, now hourly. Did you ever find a resolution for your bionic?

I had this issue with my bionic... the last one... and I did a factory reset and it cured it... and the BSOD issue too. Just had to swap it because the audio jack started messing up. Hope this helps?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums