Home button issue

Ironsides

Reaction score
I searched the other forums first for a fix and found nothing related to my issue so here I am.

Ok, first off, I have a stock Bionic, not rooted.

I installed Go Launcher EX and while I was checking it out when I hit the home button it would give me the option to choose Default or Go Launcher. I accidentally set Go Launcher as default. I went to apps/manage apps and cleared defaults. This should have fixed the issue if I'm correct. I also checked to see if Homescreen had a default set and it did not. Hit the home button and it went straight to go launcher. I uninstalled go launcher and the home button works fine. reinstalled Go Launcher and home button still would go to go launcher with no option for default. I installed Nemus and when I would hit the home button it would give me the option to go between Go Launcher or Nemus but no default.

Did a factory reset. reinstalled and still same thing. did another factory reset and unchecked the google back up options and still same thing. Every time I would go back into manage apps and check to see if I could clear defaults but there are none to clear. I lost at this point and I don't know where to go from here. Please help.

z96Cobra

Reaction score
Download Home Switcher from the market if clearing defaults on Go Launcher doesn't work.

mamawm

Reaction score
Have you thought about downloading a home switcher/launcher switcher app from the market? There are several good free one out there. Just be sure to read the reviews.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OP
I

Ironsides

Reaction score
I did install home switcher and currently using it. I really wanted to reset the home button though so it gives default as an option.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
I

Ironsides

Reaction score
I also noticed that on my rooted Droid x (running liberty v2) that if I set go launcher as default and the exit go launcher from preferances that default launcher shows back up as an option when I hit the home button. I don't know if this is unique to a rooted and flashed device or the Droid x because it doesn't do that on the bionic.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums