Home screen folders don't open

MarkDF

Reaction score
I have two folders on my home screens, one for game apps, one for direct dial contacts. They've been working just fine since I created them, but now when I press to open them, they don't open. I can long press and drag them down to the app bar as if I wanted to delete them, but I simply can't open them.

Anybody run into this problem before? I'm sure I could simply delete them and recreate them, but I'd rather know what the problem is.

Thanks.

nyijedi

Reaction score
This would occasionally happen to me on my G1. Try a reboot and see if that fixes it. I think it's just a minor bug in Android.

chomorro

Reaction score
Same thing happens to me, its only on the folder i use daily. My other folders open fine. I have to turn it off and back on to get it to open again. Its easier then recreating them.

nyijedi

Reaction score
Same thing happens to me, its only on the folder i use daily. My other folders open fine. I have to turn it off and back on to get it to open again. Its easier then recreating them.

I remember someone suggesting that this can be caused by switching back and forth between portrait and landscape mode by opening/closing the physical keyboard while the folder is open. I'm not sure if this is true, but it might be worth closing the folder before opening/closing the keyboard to see if the problem goes away.

bhall238

Reaction score
It's happened to me too; even posted about it before. I recreated the folder in question twice before I found out about re booting. Sure would like to find out for sure why it happens.

chomorro

Reaction score

I remember someone suggesting that this can be caused by switching back and forth between portrait and landscape mode by opening/closing the physical keyboard while the folder is open. I'm not sure if this is true, but it might be worth closing the folder before opening/closing the keyboard to see if the problem goes away.
Makes sense since it happens when i am playing a game i have selected frm the folder and i get a text through handsent, then i open the keyboard and respond to the text. then continue my game.

darreno1

Reaction score
This has happened to me even without using the keyboard. It's a bug in the OS for sure. Rebooting fixes it.

I'm going to post this on Moto's support forums if it's not there already. But my guess is they're are already aware of it. I'm also guessing 2.1 won't have the same issue.